Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    HRM 2?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Heart Rate Devices
    93 Posts 26 Posters 9.8k Views 21 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • cosme.costaC Offline
      cosme.costa @cosme.costa
      last edited by

      Well, after some questions to Joaquin, as for now, the new metrics aren’t compatible with the SV1, it seems they will be. Only Race1 and newer watches can show them.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
      • TieutieuT Offline
        Tieutieu Platinum Member @martintrail
        last edited by Tieutieu

        @martintrail It’s online now on suunto’s website 😊
        [edit : error message saying it can’t be shipped to France 😢 I guess I need to wait ! ]

        Suunto’s devices at home :
        Vertical titanium solar
        Suunto Race S
        S9pp titanium sand
        Suunto Wing & Spark
        S9B titanium Ambassador edition, A3P, X6

        S Stefan T.S G 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • S Offline
          snow* @Tieutieu
          last edited by

          @Tieutieu ditto! (.it)

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • Stefan T.S Offline
            Stefan T. @Tieutieu
            last edited by

            @Tieutieu same in Austria - currently not shipping to Austria (from suunto.com/de-at)

            Vertical 2 Limited Edition

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • G Offline
              GratefulDeadpan Bronze Member @Tieutieu
              last edited by

              @Tieutieu same with Sweden 😭

              Inge NallssonI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • Inge NallssonI Offline
                Inge Nallsson @GratefulDeadpan
                last edited by

                @GratefulDeadpan Yeah… I was flabbergasted! And a bit irritated.

                Suunto Race S

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • TieutieuT Offline
                  Tieutieu Platinum Member
                  last edited by Tieutieu

                  @stefan-t. @gratefuldeadpan @snow … F5 is my new best frien again ! 😂

                  Suunto’s devices at home :
                  Vertical titanium solar
                  Suunto Race S
                  S9pp titanium sand
                  Suunto Wing & Spark
                  S9B titanium Ambassador edition, A3P, X6

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                  • Brad_OlwinB Offline
                    Brad_Olwin Moderator @cosme.costa
                    last edited by

                    @cosme.costa said:

                    @Egika Yes but Joaquin has said that if you use the old belt with the new sensor you do not have the same accuracy…

                    I’ll add here too, I have used the old belt with the new sensor with no issues. For me personally the old belt is more comfortable so I prefer the old belt to the new one.

                    Vector/T6c/Vertical 2 Ti

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                    • Inge NallssonI Offline
                      Inge Nallsson
                      last edited by

                      I asked the Google Neural Network. Just typed in “SHRM2” and got as a starting paragraph:

                      “The Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt 2 (SHRM2) is an advanced ECG heart rate monitor featuring Bluetooth 5.4 connectivity and ZoneSense optimization, with pre-orders opening on September 8, 2026, and global availability starting September 15, 2026, at a recommended retail price of AUD 249.”

                      Don’t know where the data comes from (global availability).

                      Suunto Race S

                      EgikaE 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote -1
                      • EgikaE Offline
                        Egika Platinum Member @Inge Nallsson
                        last edited by

                        @Inge-Nallsson said:

                        I asked the Google Neural Network. Just typed in “SHRM2” and got as a starting paragraph:

                        “The Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt 2 (SHRM2) is an advanced ECG heart rate monitor featuring Bluetooth 5.4 connectivity and ZoneSense optimization, with pre-orders opening on September 8, 2026, and global availability starting September 15, 2026, at a recommended retail price of AUD 249.”

                        Don’t know where the data comes from (global availability).

                        from here: https://www.prnewswire.com/apac/news-releases/suunto-run-2-a-35-g-running-watch-built-for-road-running-and-marathon-training-302871116.html

                        t6, S6, Elementum Terra, Ambit 3 Sapphire, Spartan Ultra Copper, Traverse Alpha, S7 Graphite LE, S9B Ambassador, S9P Titanium, S9PP Titanium, Vertical All Black, Race Titanium Charcoal, Race S Titanium Courtney, Run Lime, Race 2, Vertical 2 Titanium

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • M Offline
                          matram Bronze Member
                          last edited by

                          Odd that the HRM2 is listed as “in stock” in my country’s Suunto Shop (Sweden) but cannot be delivered to that country when trying to check out.

                          The common theme among us who cannot get delivery is that we are all based in the EU. Is this a temporary thing or permanent?

                          I thought one of the key things for the HRM 2 was to comply with EU requirements for secure BT connections?

                          EgikaE S 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • EgikaE Offline
                            Egika Platinum Member @matram
                            last edited by

                            @matram said:

                            Odd that the HRM2 is listed as “in stock” in my country’s Suunto Shop (Sweden) but cannot be delivered to that country when trying to check out.

                            The common theme among us who cannot get delivery is that we are all based in the EU. Is this a temporary thing or permanent?

                            I thought one of the key things for the HRM 2 was to comply with EU requirements for secure BT connections?

                            You can be 100% sure, that is is temporary. Of course Suunto will sell to Europe.

                            t6, S6, Elementum Terra, Ambit 3 Sapphire, Spartan Ultra Copper, Traverse Alpha, S7 Graphite LE, S9B Ambassador, S9P Titanium, S9PP Titanium, Vertical All Black, Race Titanium Charcoal, Race S Titanium Courtney, Run Lime, Race 2, Vertical 2 Titanium

                            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                            • S Offline
                              snow* @matram
                              last edited by

                              @matram said:

                              Odd that the HRM2 is listed as “in stock” in my country’s Suunto Shop (Sweden) but cannot be delivered to that country when trying to check out.

                              The common theme among us who cannot get delivery is that we are all based in the EU. Is this a temporary thing or permanent?

                              I thought one of the key things for the HRM 2 was to comply with EU requirements for secure BT connections?

                              I realized that my local Suunto dealer already had it in stock, so I ordered it yesterday and it just arrived
                              img1.jpg

                              martintrailM M OutdoorManO S 4 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 5
                              • martintrailM Offline
                                martintrail Silver Members @snow*
                                last edited by

                                @snow I’m expecting a delivery from the local store tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to it and I’m curious 😄

                                Garmin Enduro 3
                                Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • M Offline
                                  matram Bronze Member @snow*
                                  last edited by

                                  @snow
                                  Please share your impressions once you have tried it out. 👍

                                  Personally I have the Polar H10, so I am most interested in how well running dynamics work.

                                  I checked my local dealer “Löplabbet” but they did not have SHRM2 listed and no information about when it could be available. Did note that they had Run 2 listed but only the 4GB model. Is it only me or does this feel a bit disorganised?

                                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • OutdoorManO Offline
                                    OutdoorMan Silver Members @snow*
                                    last edited by

                                    @snow can I ask about the smell of the band? : ) The “old” ones used to smell quite plasticky, which polluted all my clothing.

                                    S 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • RayfoxR Offline
                                      Rayfox
                                      last edited by

                                      Does anyone have screenshots or examples showing how the running dynamics data from the Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt 2 are presented in the Suunto app on iPhone?

                                      I am specifically interested in the metrics derived from the six-axis motion sensor: cadence, ground contact time, vertical oscillation, flight time, and left/right ground contact balance. Are these shown as summary values only, or are they also available as graphs/time-series data during the activity analysis?

                                      Also, does anyone know exactly which Suunto watch models support the Smart Heart Rate Belt 2, including access to these additional running dynamics metrics?

                                      EgikaE 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                      • A Offline
                                        aiv4r Silver Members
                                        last edited by

                                        Sorry if it was answered, but is the running dynamics the only significant thing that is better compared to HRM 1? In that case, I can just keep using the first generation without worrying to much.

                                        Suunto Race 2 (Titanium Trail)
                                        Suunto Vertical (Titanium Solar Forest)

                                        isaziI M 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                        • isaziI Offline
                                          isazi Moderator @aiv4r
                                          last edited by

                                          @aiv4r I do not care at all about the running dynamics, but the new sensor has 3 BLE connections. I have a Polar H10 that I do not plan to replace, but if something happens to it, the HRM 2 could be my next HR sensor.

                                          Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                                          Blog: isazi's home

                                          Stoke80S A 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                          • M Offline
                                            matram Bronze Member @aiv4r
                                            last edited by

                                            @aiv4r
                                            There were some statements that the design of the belt should lead to better contact and what I interpret as higher sampling frequency and better dynamics of the HR sensor. Primarily to improve Zone Sense I think (more accurate R-R detection).

                                            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post

                                            Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy