Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Suunto HR Belt unreliable with 9 Peak Pro since firmware update - anyone can confirm?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Heart Rate Devices
    29 Posts 9 Posters 1.7k Views 8 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • PyranyaP Offline
      Pyranya @sartoric
      last edited by

      @sartoric

      Duration for the run was 30min.

      greez

      PyranyaP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • PyranyaP Offline
        Pyranya @Pyranya
        last edited by

        I’m going to test the HR Belt with a different phone and a different app and then see what the results look like.

        greez

        Brad_OlwinB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          Swaddy61 Silver Members @Brad_Olwin
          last edited by

          @Brad_Olwin It seems to me there are some pretty big (like huge) HR spikes on the V2. I am not sure I am understanding what you have written. Are both the V2 and the S9PP paired to the HRM2 at the same time? If so, why are there big spikes on one, and why don’t the traces match exactly?

          SV Ti All Black, Coros Apex Pro, Ambit 3 Peak, Ambit 3 Sport (sold), Ambit 2 (Sold), X10 Mi (Retired), Quest (Sold), T3 (Sold), T6C (Retired as unfixable - Suunto gave me a big discount on Ambit 2!), Polar H10 belt, Suunto Smart Belt

          Brad_OlwinB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • Brad_OlwinB Offline
            Brad_Olwin Moderator @Swaddy61
            last edited by

            @Swaddy61 said:

            @Brad_Olwin It seems to me there are some pretty big (like huge) HR spikes on the V2. I am not sure I am understanding what you have written. Are both the V2 and the S9PP paired to the HRM2 at the same time? If so, why are there big spikes on one, and why don’t the traces match exactly?

            Yes, both connected to the same SHRM2, it could be that the V2 was not receiving the signal as well. The V2 is on field test firmware and that could be an issue. I would not pay much attention to it.

            Vector/T6c/Vertical 2 Ti

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • Brad_OlwinB Offline
              Brad_Olwin Moderator @Pyranya
              last edited by Brad_Olwin

              @Pyranya said:

              I’m going to test the HR Belt with a different phone and a different app and then see what the results look like.

              greez

              The data look bad on Runalyze, it is most likely the strap. Depending on smoothing with whatever device you test it may be ok but not for the 9PP or any other Suunto watch. I have had this issue as well when my straps wear out. The SmartSensor straps last between 6 months to 1 year for me.

              Vector/T6c/Vertical 2 Ti

              PyranyaP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • PyranyaP Offline
                Pyranya @Brad_Olwin
                last edited by

                @Brad_Olwin

                So the sensor may be fine?

                greez

                sartoricS Brad_OlwinB 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • sartoricS Offline
                  sartoric Moderator @Pyranya
                  last edited by

                  @Pyranya usually yes

                  SVTS - 2.50.28
                  SSSWHR BARO Amber - 2.8.32
                  Samsung A5 2016 - Android 7.0
                  Samsung A33 2022 - Android 16 - One UI 8.0
                  Suunto App Android 6.11.12 beta
                  Suunto App IOs 3.8.1 (21743) beta on MBP M1 Max

                  PyranyaP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • PyranyaP Offline
                    Pyranya @sartoric
                    last edited by

                    @sartoric

                    Thank you

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • Brad_OlwinB Offline
                      Brad_Olwin Moderator @Pyranya
                      last edited by

                      @Pyranya said:

                      @Brad_Olwin

                      So the sensor may be fine?

                      greez

                      Yes, my sensors last forever, still using one from Ambit 3 Peak

                      Vector/T6c/Vertical 2 Ti

                      PyranyaP 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • PyranyaP Offline
                        Pyranya @Brad_Olwin
                        last edited by

                        @Brad_Olwin

                        I bought a new HR belt (without a sensor) and tested it with my old sensor today. The problem persists:

                        95c5aef2-d4e9-41b1-8efc-6474464a16ea-image.jpeg

                        3ed2f6ca-65fd-4082-9f1f-34b6e662aa1e-image.jpeg

                        The connection to the sensor is constantly being lost and re-established after a few seconds.

                        Is it possible to reset the sensor? Apart from removing the battery for a few seconds?
                        Is it possible to buy the sensor cheaply (at Movesense, the sensor on its own is more expensive than at Suunto with the heart rate belt)?

                        greez

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • PyranyaP Offline
                          Pyranya @Brad_Olwin
                          last edited by

                          So I reset the sensor and disconnected it from the watch. Then I reconnected it to the watch and restarted the watch. After that, I did a test run. During those 5 minutes, the connection wasn’t interrupted or lost even once.

                          dcb818ba-71b3-419d-ab36-f8aba78b1fdd-image.jpeg

                          I’ll test it again tomorrow – I’m running a half-marathon then.

                          PyranyaP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • M Offline
                            MarTej_cz
                            last edited by

                            Honestly, I don’t think the HRM is wet from the activity or the body.

                            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • PyranyaP Offline
                              Pyranya @Pyranya
                              last edited by Pyranya

                              I just ran the race and didn’t have any problems at all with the new heart rate belt or the sensor. It seems that resetting the sensor helped.
                              I’m also going to test my old heart rate belt with the sensor just to see if it might have something to do with the old belt.

                              4cd90b0b-9bf9-4f08-8c93-973125f751dc-image.jpeg

                              greez

                              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              • First post
                                Last post

                              Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy