Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    [Race - 2.53.42] Climb Guidance Segment Issue

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Suunto Race
    26 Posts 6 Posters 2.1k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • isaziI Offline
      isazi Moderator @SamppaP
      last edited by

      @SamppaP yes I reported this, it seems unrelated to the watch but something that is happening with the app

      Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

      Blog: isazi's home

      sky-runnerS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
      • isaziI Offline
        isazi Moderator
        last edited by

        I need the link to the activities and the planned routes to report this, send them to me in private.

        Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

        Blog: isazi's home

        S 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          SergioB Silver Members @isazi
          last edited by

          @isazi sent 🙂

          Suunto Race 1 and SuuntoApp on Android 13.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • sky-runnerS Online
            sky-runner Platinum Member @isazi
            last edited by

            @isazi, the above issue seems to be partially resolved but it is now broken in a different way.

            On today’s run, the first climb segment showed as red for me on the overall climb profile, but when I attempted to zoom in the single segment view of Climb Guidance was just empty, meaning that it didn’t show any elevation profile at all. It still showed the remaining distance at the bottom.

            This got resolved at the end of the first climb segment, after that zoomed in view (to individual climb /descent segments) worked correctly.

            Also, what I have noticed is that zooming by distance did no longer work. I suspect this has something to do with the changes introduced in the latest firmware. There is now a new Climb Guidance settings menu inside Navigation settings which allows to select the default zoom mode - with Waypoint, Climb, and Distance options. I have rhe Waypoint options selected.

            However on today’s run I didn’t have any waypoints on the route. I wonder if that contributed to the issue.

            Suunto: Ambit, Ambit 3 Peak, 9 Baro, Race S, Race Ti, Vertical 2 Ti
            Garmin: Forerunner 210, Forerunner 610, Fenix 6X, Fenix 7X Ti

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • M Online
              MarTej_cz
              last edited by

              Ahoj, způsobuje to mobilní aplikace.
              Každá 1. zóna mapy (červená, modrá, zelená, žlutá)
              Zobrazí se jakou šedou.
              1000012881.jpg
              Vytvořena nová trasa první zóna červená = šedá

              1000012882.jpg
              Stejná trasa posunutý první bod na modrou = šedá

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • isaziI Offline
                isazi Moderator
                last edited by

                I reported this, it seems a backend/app issue of some kind because it affects watches with all firmware versions. Let me know if it happens again next week (it happened to me on Friday), but I believe it should be fixed soon.

                Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                Blog: isazi's home

                SquirrelS S 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • SquirrelS Offline
                  Squirrel Silver Members @isazi
                  last edited by

                  @isazi said:

                  Let me know if it happens again next week

                  Still an issue today.

                  Race S

                  isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • isaziI Offline
                    isazi Moderator @Squirrel
                    last edited by

                    @Squirrel with a new route, or the same as last week?

                    Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                    Blog: isazi's home

                    SquirrelS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • SquirrelS Offline
                      Squirrel Silver Members @isazi
                      last edited by

                      @isazi said:

                      with a new route, or the same as last week?

                      Both, newly created and re-enabled old ones.

                      Race S

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • S Offline
                        SergioB Silver Members @isazi
                        last edited by

                        @isazi said:

                        Let me know if it happens again next week

                        Don’t want to rush or be pushy, but this is still an issue as of today. If you need more logs or some particular tests, I’d be happy to help 🙂

                        Suunto Race 1 and SuuntoApp on Android 13.

                        sky-runnerS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • sky-runnerS Online
                          sky-runner Platinum Member @SergioB
                          last edited by

                          @SergioB Yes, can confirm. I created a new route on Sunday and the first climb segment was grey. Also, once I was past that first segment, it disappeared from the overall profile - the route profile showed on the watch as if it started in the middle and I could not zoom out to full profile.

                          The official UTMB route downloaded from the race website has this issue too.

                          Suunto: Ambit, Ambit 3 Peak, 9 Baro, Race S, Race Ti, Vertical 2 Ti
                          Garmin: Forerunner 210, Forerunner 610, Fenix 6X, Fenix 7X Ti

                          isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • isaziI Offline
                            isazi Moderator @sky-runner
                            last edited by

                            @sky-runner I asked again

                            Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                            Blog: isazi's home

                            sky-runnerS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • sky-runnerS Online
                              sky-runner Platinum Member @isazi
                              last edited by sky-runner

                              @isazi Yep, I have just tried loading the official UTMB course again , and the issue persists:

                              1000006025.jpg

                              Also, when zooming in the climb guidance doesn’t work. In my experience that applies only to the first climb segment, so I should be ok

                              Suunto: Ambit, Ambit 3 Peak, 9 Baro, Race S, Race Ti, Vertical 2 Ti
                              Garmin: Forerunner 210, Forerunner 610, Fenix 6X, Fenix 7X Ti

                              isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                              • isaziI Offline
                                isazi Moderator @sky-runner
                                last edited by

                                I pasted your comment, and a link to your post, in the Suunto’s field testing chat. Good luck for tomorrow!

                                Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                                Blog: isazi's home

                                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • isaziI Offline
                                  isazi Moderator
                                  last edited by

                                  Too late for UTMB, but this (as guessed) it was an App and not a firmware issue. It has been fixed, not sure when everyone will get the next App version.

                                  Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                                  Blog: isazi's home

                                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                                  • SamppaPS Offline
                                    SamppaP Silver Members
                                    last edited by

                                    Android beta 6.13.6 is out and this issue seems to be fixed now. At least works now on my Vertical 1 👍🏼

                                    Vertical All Black
                                    Ambit 3 Peak
                                    Suunto smart sensor

                                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                    • S Offline
                                      SergioB Silver Members
                                      last edited by SergioB

                                      I’m also on beta (Android), and I can confirm it seems to be solved on my Race 1 🎉

                                      Suunto Race 1 and SuuntoApp on Android 13.

                                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                      Register Login
                                      • First post
                                        Last post

                                      Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy