Run 2
-
@GratefulDeadpan Just because there were different opinions about it. If the 4GB version fully supports maps or just in lower resolution or not at all.
Maybe I missed the answer, but your experience would be welcome! -
@Tami999 exactly. I will only ever use maps in a smaller defined area and I don’t listen to music when I run either so I’ll be fine with the 4gb.
-
@VoiGAS yeah there were a few confused YouTubers. Suunto has always claimed the only difference is the storage—not functionality. It’s all good

-
By oficial specification it has barometer, compas, multiband gps, new 12 channel HR sensor (not sure what it means compared to Race2). But when i exclude more premium materials i don’t see much what is in race 2 and not here. At least by specification. It is really interesting watch.
Edit: so after reading most coments here i see that Race 2 has better maps with more informations. Thats important feature to me. So i see added value of Race 2 here. But it was not there from begining, we will see if Run 2 will get labels to maps later too? Probably not just to make artificial difference between models and justify higher price?
-
@Egika will suunto fix comparison tables? It is not first time i noticet it is completly inacurrate. Lot of fields that shoud say “yes” are just with “-“.
-
@Egika each model has always better OHR advetised. But i bought Race 2, comming from S5 i expected it would be perfect, but it is just average. It works fine now but i had multiple times when it behaves wrong on Race 2. So i don’t have expectation that this time it will make a big difference.
-
@Tomas5 IIRC The Quantified Scientist said HR accuracy is among the best now…
-
@2b2bff yes but i read great reviews for OHR on Race 2 before too. But when i bought it, i had mixed filings. Sometimes it was much better than my previouse S5. Sometimes it had just different issues. Instead too high (as i had on S5) it showed too low value on Race 2. But it got better over time. I think updates helped and i don’t pay so much attention to it too. Overal i am happy with Race 2 purchase. It would like better OHR but it is usable. So i am happy.
-
@Egika each model has always better OHR advetised. But i bought Race 2, comming from S5 i expected it would be perfect, but it is just average. It works fine now but i had multiple times when it behaves wrong on Race 2. So i don’t have expectation that this time it will make a big difference.
OHR still is highly personal.
For me I always had bad HR readings when riding a bike. Vertical 2 TI was the first time I had proper readings even in this situation.
A big factor next to sensor and algorithm for me also is watch weight.
So Run 2 is in a very good position with low weight, most recent sensor and latest algorithm. -
Where can I find a list of the activities that Run 2 supports? Can’t find anything on the the web site:
-
@Highlands Here is an overview of the supported sport modes in the Suunto app for the Run 2:

-
@Svenning Thank you very much,
-
@Svenning How are you liking your Run 2? I switched from the Race 2 because I only really do road running and wanted a lighter watch.
-
@strain I also switched from the Race 2 because I wanted music and a lighter watch. Now that offline maps are available, I’ve gotten so used to them that I didn’t want to miss out on that feature either.
Overall, I think the RUN 2 is great. The only drawback is the battery life—it drops to around 20% after just 5 days.
Still, I’m definitely keeping it. The lighter weight on my wrist has become much more important to me now. The only thing I really miss are one or two extra data screens while running.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login