Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt 2
-
@HonzaS I just got my new SHRB2 this morning and took it for its maiden voyage for my afternoon easy run. The plus side, Suunto and Stryd mostly agree on the running dynamics. At least I’m not bothered by the differences, given that the SHRB2 is at my chest and Stryd at my feet.
Metric Suunto SHRB2 Stryd NextGen Duo Cadence 169 spm 169 spm Stride Length 102 cm 1.01 m GCT 310 ms 295 ms GCT Balance 50.2% - 49.8% 49.4% L / 50.6% R Vertical Oscillation 7.0 cm 6.02 cm Flight time 397 ms 415 ms (derived) GCT:FT Ratio 78.1% 71.1% (derived) To answer your question though, I haven’t shifted the belt left to align the module more over the heart. That’s something worth checking. I’ll give that a go tomorrow.
On this easy run, I did see artifacts on par with my Polar H10. The first ~18 minutes are noisy and the last ~25 minutes also. The route is flat with very little wind.

Actually, looking closer as I type this, that noise is when I had a headwind. It was a very light breeze, barely noticeable, but the timing does align. I was in a headwind until ~19:20 I turned around with a tailwind. I turned back around into a headwind at ~43:00 and remained in it until getting home.
Curious.
-
Speaking of which, if I pair both my Stryd pods and the SHRB2 to my Race S, which one is the source of pace and distance? Any way to find out?
-
which one is the source of pace and distance? Any way to find out?
Yeah, one person wears the watch and strap, other person stationary wears stryd pods.
Run around within connection distance.
Then switch the watch to other person and repeat the test.
Then remove the pods while belt is also stationary, and repeat test to rule out the watch is the source.
(watch is always running in all 3 tests…) -
Tieutieu said:
- Belt itself
wider than the old oneExactly same size and hight
I have corrected myself…at sight it seems wider but it’s exactly same hight…
- Belt itself
-
-
@atoponce still rather noisy. For what it’s worth I make sure to position the sensor so that it doesn’t interfere with the running vest
-
@snow Thanks, but I’m not wearing a vest. Just a tanktop. If I’m out for long runs though, I prefer waist belts.
-
Everything’s fine for me so far, the belt fits nicely. The only thing I’m struggling with is the black Suunto logo on the sensor. It used to be a reference point for me, and now that it’s dark in the morning, I have to check more carefully to make sure the belt is turned the right way. It’s a small ergonomic thing, but the white logo on my old belt used to help me.

-
Everything’s fine for me so far, the belt fits nicely. The only thing I’m struggling with is the black Suunto logo on the sensor. It used to be a reference point for me, and now that it’s dark in the morning, I have to check more carefully to make sure the belt is turned the right way. It’s a small ergonomic thing, but the white logo on my old belt used to help me.

now you have the tactile feedback of the button instead for positioning

-
@Egika Oh, right! I didn’t think of that thanks

-
100km trail running race last w-end with my SV1 and the new belt : now that it’s well adjusted, it’s as confortable as the old one. And it doesn’t fall down in time.
Race metric in SA afterwards are limited with SV1 vs SRs, as mentionned. -
Hmm, I guess I cursed it. Today, ZoneSence didn’t start working until the end of my run. That never happened with my old heart rate monitor. What could it be?

-
@martintrail how’s the R-R plot?
-
@isazi I see there are some unusual drops there. Could it be because the belt was too dry?

-
@martintrail if I am not mistaken, this is the HR plot, but the drops usually correlate with bad IBI data. If you can get the R-R plot, you should see noise
-
@isazi Hmm, I don’t have any service that would show me that. Once I figure it out, I’ll send it here…
-
@isazi Hmm, I don’t have any service that would show me that. Once I figure it out, I’ll send it here…
e.g. Runalyze tracks that data
-
-
@martintrail weird! it’s perfect
-
@snow Yeah, it looks like it. I think I’ll try wetting the electrodes a little more and tightening the strap a bit more. No idea…This didn’t happen with my old Suunto strap.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login