Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt 2

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Heart Rate Devices
    172 Posts 39 Posters 12.9k Views 36 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • SquirrelS Offline
      Squirrel Silver Members @atoponce
      last edited by

      @atoponce said:

      which one is the source of pace and distance? Any way to find out?

      Yeah, one person wears the watch and strap, other person stationary wears stryd pods.
      Run around within connection distance.
      Then switch the watch to other person and repeat the test.
      Then remove the pods while belt is also stationary, and repeat test to rule out the watch is the source. 🤣
      (watch is always running in all 3 tests…)

      Race S

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • TieutieuT Offline
        Tieutieu Platinum Member @Tieutieu
        last edited by

        Tieutieu said:

        • Belt itself wider than the old one Exactly same size and hight

        I have corrected myself…at sight it seems wider but it’s exactly same hight…

        Suunto’s devices at home :
        Vertical titanium solar
        Suunto Race S
        S9pp titanium sand
        Suunto Wing & Spark
        S9B titanium Ambassador edition, A3P, X6

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • HonzaSH Offline
          HonzaS @atoponce
          last edited by

          @atoponce said:

          Actually, looking closer as I type this, that noise is when I had a headwind.

          So that could be noise from static electricity if You wear loose nylon t-shirt.

          Suunto Vertical 2 titanium

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            snow* @atoponce
            last edited by

            @atoponce still rather noisy. For what it’s worth I make sure to position the sensor so that it doesn’t interfere with the running vest

            atoponceA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • atoponceA Offline
              atoponce Silver Members @snow*
              last edited by

              @snow Thanks, but I’m not wearing a vest. Just a tanktop. If I’m out for long runs though, I prefer waist belts.

              Suunto Race S / 9 Baro / Ambit 3 Peak / Observer
              Suunto SHRB2 / Polar H10 / Verity Sense / OH1
              Stryd Duo / Wind
              r/suunto mod

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • martintrailM Offline
                martintrail Silver Members
                last edited by

                Everything’s fine for me so far, the belt fits nicely. The only thing I’m struggling with is the black Suunto logo on the sensor. It used to be a reference point for me, and now that it’s dark in the morning, I have to check more carefully to make sure the belt is turned the right way. It’s a small ergonomic thing, but the white logo on my old belt used to help me. 😄

                Garmin Enduro 3
                Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                EgikaE 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • EgikaE Offline
                  Egika Platinum Member @martintrail
                  last edited by

                  @martintrail said:

                  Everything’s fine for me so far, the belt fits nicely. The only thing I’m struggling with is the black Suunto logo on the sensor. It used to be a reference point for me, and now that it’s dark in the morning, I have to check more carefully to make sure the belt is turned the right way. It’s a small ergonomic thing, but the white logo on my old belt used to help me. 😄

                  now you have the tactile feedback of the button instead for positioning 🙂

                  t6, S6, Elementum Terra, Ambit 3 Sapphire, Spartan Ultra Copper, Traverse Alpha, S7 Graphite LE, S9B Ambassador, S9P Titanium, S9PP Titanium, Vertical All Black, Race Titanium Charcoal, Race S Titanium Courtney, Run Lime, Race 2, Vertical 2 Titanium

                  martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • martintrailM Offline
                    martintrail Silver Members @Egika
                    last edited by

                    @Egika Oh, right! I didn’t think of that thanks 😄

                    Garmin Enduro 3
                    Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • TieutieuT Offline
                      Tieutieu Platinum Member
                      last edited by

                      100km trail running race last w-end with my SV1 and the new belt : now that it’s well adjusted, it’s as confortable as the old one. And it doesn’t fall down in time.
                      Race metric in SA afterwards are limited with SV1 vs SRs, as mentionned.

                      Suunto’s devices at home :
                      Vertical titanium solar
                      Suunto Race S
                      S9pp titanium sand
                      Suunto Wing & Spark
                      S9B titanium Ambassador edition, A3P, X6

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                      • martintrailM Offline
                        martintrail Silver Members
                        last edited by

                        Hmm, I guess I cursed it. Today, ZoneSence didn’t start working until the end of my run. That never happened with my old heart rate monitor. What could it be? dda6a8d7-445e-4c3b-83fa-6d7678538275-image.jpeg

                        Garmin Enduro 3
                        Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                        isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • isaziI Offline
                          isazi Moderator @martintrail
                          last edited by

                          @martintrail how’s the R-R plot?

                          Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                          Blog: isazi's home

                          martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                          • martintrailM Offline
                            martintrail Silver Members @isazi
                            last edited by martintrail

                            @isazi I see there are some unusual drops there. Could it be because the belt was too dry?
                            0c9dfb8b-3deb-435d-a290-82e2af5720a7-image.jpeg

                            Garmin Enduro 3
                            Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                            isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • isaziI Offline
                              isazi Moderator @martintrail
                              last edited by

                              @martintrail if I am not mistaken, this is the HR plot, but the drops usually correlate with bad IBI data. If you can get the R-R plot, you should see noise

                              Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                              Blog: isazi's home

                              martintrailM 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • martintrailM Offline
                                martintrail Silver Members @isazi
                                last edited by

                                @isazi Hmm, I don’t have any service that would show me that. Once I figure it out, I’ll send it here…

                                Garmin Enduro 3
                                Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                                S 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • S Offline
                                  snow* @martintrail
                                  last edited by

                                  @martintrail said:

                                  @isazi Hmm, I don’t have any service that would show me that. Once I figure it out, I’ll send it here…

                                  e.g. Runalyze tracks that data

                                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                  • martintrailM Offline
                                    martintrail Silver Members @isazi
                                    last edited by

                                    @isazi c5385496-767c-43c8-a334-4d09e7509352-image.jpeg

                                    Garmin Enduro 3
                                    Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                                    S 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                    • S Offline
                                      snow* @martintrail
                                      last edited by

                                      @martintrail weird! it’s perfect

                                      martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                      • martintrailM Offline
                                        martintrail Silver Members @snow*
                                        last edited by martintrail

                                        @snow Yeah, it looks like it. I think I’ll try wetting the electrodes a little more and tightening the strap a bit more. No idea…This didn’t happen with my old Suunto strap.

                                        Garmin Enduro 3
                                        Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                                        isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                        • isaziI Offline
                                          isazi Moderator @martintrail
                                          last edited by

                                          @martintrail cannot see where the drops come from or why zonesense is not working from this, it seems that there is no noise in the data

                                          Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                                          Blog: isazi's home

                                          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                          • TieutieuT Offline
                                            Tieutieu Platinum Member
                                            last edited by Tieutieu

                                            As anyone seen yet the new belt (without sensor) somewhere ?
                                            My old ones are starting to decline.

                                            Suunto’s devices at home :
                                            Vertical titanium solar
                                            Suunto Race S
                                            S9pp titanium sand
                                            Suunto Wing & Spark
                                            S9B titanium Ambassador edition, A3P, X6

                                            martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post

                                            Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy