Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Training Plan Implementation?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Suunto Run 2
    25 Posts 11 Posters 706 Views 10 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • sky-runnerS Offline
      sky-runner Platinum Member @strain
      last edited by

      @strain said:

      for what ever reason it has a completely different operating system

      What do you think the reason is? I think I know but I wonder what others think?

      Suunto: Ambit, Ambit 3 Peak, 9 Baro, Race S, Race Ti, Vertical 2 Ti
      Garmin: Forerunner 210, Forerunner 610, Fenix 6X, Fenix 7X Ti

      strainS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • 2 Offline
        2b2bff Gold Members
        last edited by

        I guess Suunto’s own training plan implementation will sync to the Run? And you can create workouts in the Suunto App, that sync as well.

        I mean, you have to differentiate the watches somehow… 🤷

        Suunto Race S
        Garmin Epix Pro

        Steven HambletonS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • isaziI Offline
          isazi Moderator @strain
          last edited by

          @strain I believe this feature should come at some point, but do not buy the watch for something that will come in the future. If the watch is not the right one for you, buy a different one

          Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

          Blog: isazi's home

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
          • Steven HambletonS Offline
            Steven Hambleton Bronze Member @2b2bff
            last edited by

            @2b2bff The issue here is that apps like Runna say they’re compatible with Suunto - well now they aren’t fully compatible and that will reflect badly on Suunto.

            Watch: Suunto Race S

            2 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • 2 Offline
              2b2bff Gold Members @Steven Hambleton
              last edited by

              @Steven-Hambleton or you could say that Runna is bad at communicating, that this excludes the “Run”, “Run 2” and “Core 2” for that matter.

              Had to dig a bit, but this is what Runna says (https://www.runna.com/integrations/suunto)

              Runna is compatible with the following Suunto watches: Race, Vertical, 9, 9 Peak, 9 Peak Pro, 9 Baro, 5, 5 Peak, and 3. Please note that audio cues are available for Suunto 9 Peak Pro and Suunto Vertical.

              So, get one of these 😄

              Suunto Race S
              Garmin Epix Pro

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • Manuel ExtremeM Offline
                Manuel Extreme Silver Members @strain
                last edited by

                @strain Could you try Milestone?

                Use the code SUUNTO during registration.

                https://milestone.sportacademy.zone

                It’s still in BETA, so I’d be interested to see how it behaves with the Run 2.

                Vertical 2 v2.56.28 (Titanium)
                Vertical 1 v2.50.28 (Titanium Solar)
                https://milestone.sportacademy.zone/about

                strainS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • strainS Offline
                  strain @Manuel Extreme
                  last edited by

                  @Manuel-Extreme said:

                  @strain Could you try Milestone?

                  Use the code SUUNTO during registration.

                  https://milestone.sportacademy.zone

                  It’s still in BETA, so I’d be interested to see how it behaves with the Run 2.

                  Just signed up. Says my request is going to be reviewed. I don’t think any training plans will be able to be synced.

                  isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • isaziI Offline
                    isazi Moderator @strain
                    last edited by

                    @strain said:
                    Just signed up. Says my request is going to be reviewed. I don’t think any training plans will be able to be synced.

                    They will not, as mentioned before this feature is not yet available for Run and Run 2.

                    Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                    Blog: isazi's home

                    Manuel ExtremeM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • Manuel ExtremeM Offline
                      Manuel Extreme Silver Members @isazi
                      last edited by

                      @isazi I’ve just checked the specifications: Suunto Run and Run 2 are not compatible with SuuntoPlus Guides 😞

                      So structured workouts from Milestone can’t currently be sent to those watches…

                      Vertical 2 v2.56.28 (Titanium)
                      Vertical 1 v2.50.28 (Titanium Solar)
                      https://milestone.sportacademy.zone/about

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • D Online
                        digitalrunner
                        last edited by

                        I am a returning Suunto user (20+ years ago I had a Spyder dive computer!) and have been in the Garmin eco-system for 10+ years.

                        I borrowed a friend’s Race 2 and decided to jump in and buy the Run 2 as I loved the UI but was flabbergasted to find the Race 2 that I just bought (running a newer OS) was unable to use my intervals.icu planned workouts (which the Race 2 was able to use).

                        I can also see the SuuntoPlus apps (eg. Race Surgeon) are not supported either.

                        I want to support Suunto and love the simplicity and clean design of the UI but the inconsistency of features between watch models is very annoying!

                        Suunto Race 2 / Apple Watch Series 10 / Garmin Fenix 8 / Garmin Edge 540 / Hammerhead Karoo 3

                        EgikaE G 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 2
                        • EgikaE Offline
                          Egika Platinum Member @digitalrunner
                          last edited by

                          @digitalrunner what yould you propose how the models should differ, if not by material and features?

                          t6, S6, Elementum Terra, Ambit 3 Sapphire, Spartan Ultra Copper, Traverse Alpha, S7 Graphite LE, S9B Ambassador, S9P Titanium, S9PP Titanium, Vertical All Black, Race Titanium Charcoal, Race S Titanium Courtney, Run Lime, Race 2, Vertical 2 Titanium

                          D strainS Nelson DiogoN 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
                          • G Offline
                            Gunnar Bronze Member @digitalrunner
                            last edited by

                            @digitalrunner why didn’t you buy the Race 2 the?

                            D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • D Online
                              digitalrunner @Egika
                              last edited by

                              @egika what I would propose is that a higher-priced, more fully featured watch (Race 2) would include all the features of a lower-priced watch such as the Run 2. So for example, I would ideally have all the running features (eg. EnergySense or ZoneSense) available on the ‘flagship’ watch.

                              I run, I cycle, I row (indoor on a concept2 erg and outdoor), I lift. At the moment I would need to buy the Race 2 for the SuuntoPlus apps like the connection to my erg or like Race Surgeon for running race timings but I would need the Run 2 if I wanted to use EnergySense or ZoneSense.

                              I know that this discrepancy is due to the Race 2 being on a ‘older’ OS so I would imagine this could be solved by upgrading all watches with capable hardware to the same OS to have at least some feature parity?

                              Suunto Race 2 / Apple Watch Series 10 / Garmin Fenix 8 / Garmin Edge 540 / Hammerhead Karoo 3

                              EgikaE 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • D Online
                                digitalrunner @Gunnar
                                last edited by

                                @gunnar I borrowed the Race 2 from a friend to try out the Suunto UI (which I much prefer to Garmin). I then bought the Run 2 as my research showed that the Race 2 was on an older OS and wasn’t guaranteed to be updated. I will use the Run 2 for now and put up with not having the SuuntoPlus apps that seem really helpful (eg. Race Surgeon) and see what the Race 3 brings!

                                Suunto Race 2 / Apple Watch Series 10 / Garmin Fenix 8 / Garmin Edge 540 / Hammerhead Karoo 3

                                EgikaE 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • EgikaE Offline
                                  Egika Platinum Member @digitalrunner
                                  last edited by Egika

                                  @digitalrunner Your expectations makes sense.
                                  Actually I thought that all higher end models like Race 2 or Race S do have ZoneSense metric, don’t they?
                                  EnergySense is rather new. It has not been available when Race 2 was introduced. It will come with a firmware update.

                                  But in general, newer models (even if lower end) can have features that oder high end models did not have. Like todays A-class Benz has more features than 1990 S-class.

                                  t6, S6, Elementum Terra, Ambit 3 Sapphire, Spartan Ultra Copper, Traverse Alpha, S7 Graphite LE, S9B Ambassador, S9P Titanium, S9PP Titanium, Vertical All Black, Race Titanium Charcoal, Race S Titanium Courtney, Run Lime, Race 2, Vertical 2 Titanium

                                  S 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                  • strainS Offline
                                    strain @Egika
                                    last edited by

                                    @Egika I think mapping + materials should have been the differentiator. Now that they added mapping to the Run 2 it kind of muddies the water here. I prefer the lightweight nature of the Run series and have a Race 2 but don’t prefer the weight. I’ve been manually creating the workouts on the Suunto app but nowadays your road racing watch should definitely have such a common feature that your competitor watches have as well. Coros pace 4 has this ability and mid tier Garmin Forerunners. Hopefully Suunto implements it soon.

                                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                    • EgikaE Offline
                                      Egika Platinum Member @digitalrunner
                                      last edited by

                                      @digitalrunner said:

                                      @gunnar I borrowed the Race 2 from a friend to try out the Suunto UI (which I much prefer to Garmin). I then bought the Run 2 as my research showed that the Race 2 was on an older OS and wasn’t guaranteed to be updated. I will use the Run 2 for now and put up with not having the SuuntoPlus apps that seem really helpful (eg. Race Surgeon) and see what the Race 3 brings!

                                      Race 2 does not have an “older” OS. It is just different to the Run and Run 2 OS.

                                      t6, S6, Elementum Terra, Ambit 3 Sapphire, Spartan Ultra Copper, Traverse Alpha, S7 Graphite LE, S9B Ambassador, S9P Titanium, S9PP Titanium, Vertical All Black, Race Titanium Charcoal, Race S Titanium Courtney, Run Lime, Race 2, Vertical 2 Titanium

                                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                      • strainS Offline
                                        strain @sky-runner
                                        last edited by

                                        @sky-runner I think perhaps it’s the “new” one that they are developing and hoping to launch to the rest of the lineup eventually. I do think it has a lot more “specific” features to it that the other OS doesn’t have. One example being able to set LTHR for your running zone among various others. This is just my guess

                                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                        • S Offline
                                          snow* @Egika
                                          last edited by

                                          @Egika said:

                                          It has not been available when Race S was introduced. It will come with a firmware update.

                                          looks like really interesting things are going to show up on my SRS sooner or later 😋

                                          G 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                          • G Offline
                                            Gunnar Bronze Member @snow*
                                            last edited by

                                            @snow now it is race 2 in his post mow. Likely corrected.

                                            EgikaE 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post

                                            Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy