Suunto Race 2 + Coros nylon strap
-
I had to agree about the lack of quality of the official nylon band from Suunto: I bought one, then replaced under warranty because the Velcro stopped working, then replace again because the text was completely washed out after a few months… Now I’m using the third one, let’s see how long will it survive, but I’m not going to buy another one.
Thanks for the coros recommendation! -
@Impulso I actually have 3 and had zero issues with them. Plus I bought the Nautic S velcro strap too, that is probably better for a larger and heavier watches.
-
I hope someone makes an Apple Watch style silicone strap with 22mm connectors. That strap is so comfy!
The Suunto strap has that stupid pin which digs into your wrist when working on a computer. The nylon strap is better but the plastic tab has come off and the SUUNTO branding has faded away somewhat.
-
Why doesn’t Suunto sell the nylon strap that was included with 90th anniversary Vertical 2?
It is the best strap I’ve ever used. Is it the same strap as Nautic S strap? It doesn’t seem to be available in the USA.
-
@usainzg Very nice strap. Looks awesome.
I’m a fan of Garmin nylon straps. They cost 40€ but the quality is very good.
Bought this black one in Feb ‘25, used it with Race 1, V1 and been using it with V2 since mid October when I bought the watch:

-
@sky-runner I’d like to buy that one but they don’t sell it here, unfortunately.
-
I’m a fan of Garmin nylon straps. They cost 40€ but the quality is very good.
You can get almost the same quality but cheaper from a brand named Yooside. I have them both.
-
@2b2bff I’ve seen their straps on Amazon but I’m not sure I like them. Of course, I would’ve preferred to get a Suunto nautic s strap but their official retailer here doesn’t offer that one.
-
@sky-runner yes it is the same as the Nautic S strap
-
@Highlands, can confirm. I just bought the Garmin UltraFit strap for 27eur (with discount). Fits nicely, was a bit of struggle with the springs (Big hands problem) but it fits like a charm and looks & feels nice.
-
@sky-runner yes it is the same as the Nautic S strap
I see on Suunto US website but unfortunately there is no option to order it:
https://us.suunto.com/products/suunto-nautic-s-elastic-textile-strap-kit -
@Egika The concern over nylon staying wet for too long held me back from wanting one for a long time, but honestly, Coros knocked it out of the park with the nylon strap on the Pace 4 Pro. It is so comfortable, stretchy yet stable, and it dries almost completely in about 10-12 minutes.
This is the first time I’ve used a nylon strap that I actually liked … and i like it a lot!
-
@TrailEyes Thanks to the nylon strap that I use I’ve never put in the lugs the stock sage strap of my V2. And because the watch is titanium, the weight goes down well under 60 g. Kind of don’t feel it on my wrist. So comfy.
-
I’d really like to see Suunto offer a proper, high-quality nylon strap themselves.
Athletic 7? Maybe not high-quality enough?

the ATH7 are nice but too thin in my opinion, especially for heavier models (e.g. Race), the Coros from this point of view are better having a thicker nylon tissue. The only drawback of the Coros ones is that they can be too short for people with big hands
-
Maybe I’m not very sensible to these things, but for me Suunto’s nylon straps work perfectly, the athletic 7 one.
I use them with a SVTS for all my trainings and races. I have used them in the swimming pool and in the sea too. The watch feels very secure too, in my opinion.
They are very comfortable and dry ver quickly, 10/15 minutes and they are dry, and I sweat a lot. After my activities I always rinse the watch and the strap, with cold water, no soap.
I have all the 4 colors, the “white” one gets dirty easily but the other ones are quite ok in this regard, even the yellow one.
The nautic one looks very nice, does it come in two sizes too? -
I personally like Suunto’s nylon bands, I have multiple colors and switch them up if one is wet, and so on. I had also bands from Coros, and I am not a fan. I don’t like the plastic pieces which connect to the springs, and find them too short. Material quality is good. Would love to order the Nautic one, but cannot justify about 50€ for a nylon band.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login