Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Suunto Race 2 + Coros nylon strap

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Suunto Race 2
    22 Posts 15 Posters 880 Views 13 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • HighlandsH Offline
      Highlands @usainzg
      last edited by

      @usainzg Very nice strap. Looks awesome.
      I’m a fan of Garmin nylon straps. They cost 40€ but the quality is very good.
      Bought this black one in Feb ‘25, used it with Race 1, V1 and been using it with V2 since mid October when I bought the watch:
      IMG_4543.jpeg IMG_4542.jpeg IMG_4544.jpeg

      2 R 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • HighlandsH Offline
        Highlands @sky-runner
        last edited by

        @sky-runner I’d like to buy that one but they don’t sell it here, unfortunately.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • 2 Offline
          2b2bff Gold Members @Highlands
          last edited by

          @Highlands said:

          I’m a fan of Garmin nylon straps. They cost 40€ but the quality is very good.

          You can get almost the same quality but cheaper from a brand named Yooside. I have them both.

          Suunto Race S
          Garmin Epix Pro

          HighlandsH 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • HighlandsH Offline
            Highlands @2b2bff
            last edited by

            @2b2bff I’ve seen their straps on Amazon but I’m not sure I like them. Of course, I would’ve preferred to get a Suunto nautic s strap but their official retailer here doesn’t offer that one.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • isaziI Offline
              isazi Moderator @sky-runner
              last edited by

              @sky-runner yes it is the same as the Nautic S strap

              Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

              Blog: isazi's home

              sky-runnerS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
              • R Offline
                Ries22 @Highlands
                last edited by

                @Highlands, can confirm. I just bought the Garmin UltraFit strap for 27eur (with discount). Fits nicely, was a bit of struggle with the springs (Big hands problem) but it fits like a charm and looks & feels nice.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • sky-runnerS Offline
                  sky-runner Platinum Member @isazi
                  last edited by

                  @isazi said:

                  @sky-runner yes it is the same as the Nautic S strap

                  I see on Suunto US website but unfortunately there is no option to order it:
                  https://us.suunto.com/products/suunto-nautic-s-elastic-textile-strap-kit

                  Suunto: Ambit, Ambit 3 Peak, 9 Baro, Race S, Race Ti, Vertical 2 Ti
                  Garmin: Forerunner 210, Forerunner 610, Fenix 6X, Fenix 7X Ti

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • TrailEyesT Offline
                    TrailEyes Gold Members @Egika
                    last edited by

                    @Egika The concern over nylon staying wet for too long held me back from wanting one for a long time, but honestly, Coros knocked it out of the park with the nylon strap on the Pace 4 Pro. It is so comfortable, stretchy yet stable, and it dries almost completely in about 10-12 minutes.

                    This is the first time I’ve used a nylon strap that I actually liked … and i like it a lot!

                    Suunto Vertical 2 / Run / Race S (gifted away) / Vertical / 9 Peak Pro (gifted away) / 9 Baro / 5 Peak (lost on adventure) / Vector
                    -----------‐-----------
                    Trail Runner / Hiker / Kickboxer
                    Instagram: @rytipps

                    HighlandsH 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • HighlandsH Offline
                      Highlands @TrailEyes
                      last edited by

                      @TrailEyes Thanks to the nylon strap that I use I’ve never put in the lugs the stock sage strap of my V2. And because the watch is titanium, the weight goes down well under 60 g. Kind of don’t feel it on my wrist. So comfy.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • Stefano M64S Offline
                        Stefano M64 Silver Members @2b2bff
                        last edited by

                        @2b2bff said:

                        @usainzg said:

                        I’d really like to see Suunto offer a proper, high-quality nylon strap themselves.

                        Athletic 7? Maybe not high-quality enough? 😉

                        the ATH7 are nice but too thin in my opinion, especially for heavier models (e.g. Race), the Coros from this point of view are better having a thicker nylon tissue. The only drawback of the Coros ones is that they can be too short for people with big hands

                        Suunto Vector . Vector HR . Core . Race & Race S

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • cosme.costaC Offline
                          cosme.costa
                          last edited by cosme.costa

                          Maybe I’m not very sensible to these things, but for me Suunto’s nylon straps work perfectly, the athletic 7 one.
                          I use them with a SVTS for all my trainings and races. I have used them in the swimming pool and in the sea too. The watch feels very secure too, in my opinion.
                          They are very comfortable and dry ver quickly, 10/15 minutes and they are dry, and I sweat a lot. After my activities I always rinse the watch and the strap, with cold water, no soap.
                          I have all the 4 colors, the “white” one gets dirty easily but the other ones are quite ok in this regard, even the yellow one.
                          The nautic one looks very nice, does it come in two sizes too?

                          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • OutdoorManO Offline
                            OutdoorMan Silver Members
                            last edited by OutdoorMan

                            I personally like Suunto’s nylon bands, I have multiple colors and switch them up if one is wet, and so on. I had also bands from Coros, and I am not a fan. I don’t like the plastic pieces which connect to the springs, and find them too short. Material quality is good. Would love to order the Nautic one, but cannot justify about 50€ for a nylon band.

                            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            • First post
                              Last post

                            Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy