Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Suunto Race 2 + Coros nylon strap

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Suunto Race 2
    30 Posts 17 Posters 1.4k Views 15 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • isaziI Offline
      isazi Moderator @sky-runner
      last edited by

      @sky-runner yes it is the same as the Nautic S strap

      Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

      Blog: isazi's home

      sky-runnerS VoiGASV 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • R Offline
        Ries22 @Highlands
        last edited by

        @Highlands, can confirm. I just bought the Garmin UltraFit strap for 27eur (with discount). Fits nicely, was a bit of struggle with the springs (Big hands problem) but it fits like a charm and looks & feels nice.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • sky-runnerS Offline
          sky-runner Platinum Member @isazi
          last edited by

          @isazi said:

          @sky-runner yes it is the same as the Nautic S strap

          I see on Suunto US website but unfortunately there is no option to order it:
          https://us.suunto.com/products/suunto-nautic-s-elastic-textile-strap-kit

          Suunto: Ambit, Ambit 3 Peak, 9 Baro, Race S, Race Ti, Vertical 2 Ti
          Garmin: Forerunner 210, Forerunner 610, Fenix 6X, Fenix 7X Ti

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • TrailEyesT Offline
            TrailEyes Gold Members @Egika
            last edited by

            @Egika The concern over nylon staying wet for too long held me back from wanting one for a long time, but honestly, Coros knocked it out of the park with the nylon strap on the Pace 4 Pro. It is so comfortable, stretchy yet stable, and it dries almost completely in about 10-12 minutes.

            This is the first time I’ve used a nylon strap that I actually liked … and i like it a lot!

            Suunto Vertical 2 / Run / Race S (gifted away) / Vertical / 9 Peak Pro (gifted away) / 9 Baro / 5 Peak (lost on adventure) / Vector
            -----------‐-----------
            Trail Runner / Hiker / Kickboxer
            Instagram: @rytipps

            HighlandsH 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • HighlandsH Offline
              Highlands @TrailEyes
              last edited by

              @TrailEyes Thanks to the nylon strap that I use I’ve never put in the lugs the stock sage strap of my V2. And because the watch is titanium, the weight goes down well under 60 g. Kind of don’t feel it on my wrist. So comfy.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • Stefano M64S Offline
                Stefano M64 Silver Members @2b2bff
                last edited by

                @2b2bff said:

                @usainzg said:

                I’d really like to see Suunto offer a proper, high-quality nylon strap themselves.

                Athletic 7? Maybe not high-quality enough? 😉

                the ATH7 are nice but too thin in my opinion, especially for heavier models (e.g. Race), the Coros from this point of view are better having a thicker nylon tissue. The only drawback of the Coros ones is that they can be too short for people with big hands

                Suunto Vector . Vector HR . Core . Race & Race S

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • cosme.costaC Online
                  cosme.costa
                  last edited by cosme.costa

                  Maybe I’m not very sensible to these things, but for me Suunto’s nylon straps work perfectly, the athletic 7 one.
                  I use them with a SVTS for all my trainings and races. I have used them in the swimming pool and in the sea too. The watch feels very secure too, in my opinion.
                  They are very comfortable and dry ver quickly, 10/15 minutes and they are dry, and I sweat a lot. After my activities I always rinse the watch and the strap, with cold water, no soap.
                  I have all the 4 colors, the “white” one gets dirty easily but the other ones are quite ok in this regard, even the yellow one.
                  The nautic one looks very nice, does it come in two sizes too?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • OutdoorManO Offline
                    OutdoorMan Silver Members
                    last edited by OutdoorMan

                    I personally like Suunto’s nylon bands, I have multiple colors and switch them up if one is wet, and so on. I had also bands from Coros, and I am not a fan. I don’t like the plastic pieces which connect to the springs, and find them too short. Material quality is good. Would love to order the Nautic one, but cannot justify about 50€ for a nylon band.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • v.sacreV Offline
                      v.sacre Silver Members @isazi
                      last edited by

                      @isazi can you share some pictures of the way you attach the strap? I don’t understand how to mount it with the two pins. I have try a way to do it but I find it is not very practical…

                      A3S | S9B | S9P | S9PP | SV1 Ti | SV2 Ti
                      Suunto Wing
                      Suunto App: Android Beta

                      v.sacreV sky-runnerS isaziI 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • VoiGASV Offline
                        VoiGAS Gold Members @isazi
                        last edited by

                        @isazi Do you maybe have the weight of the Nautic S strap? I want to add it to the list 😀


                        Race S
                        Vertical Titanium Solar
                        Ambit3 Vertical
                        Eon Core

                        v.sacreV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • v.sacreV Offline
                          v.sacre Silver Members @v.sacre
                          last edited by

                          By the way, I just connect my brain and find the good way to do!! Both velcros are not on the same face but one beneath the strap and the other above.

                          A3S | S9B | S9P | S9PP | SV1 Ti | SV2 Ti
                          Suunto Wing
                          Suunto App: Android Beta

                          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • v.sacreV Offline
                            v.sacre Silver Members @VoiGAS
                            last edited by v.sacre

                            @VoiGAS 61g for Vertical 2 Ti + Nautic S strap

                            A3S | S9B | S9P | S9PP | SV1 Ti | SV2 Ti
                            Suunto Wing
                            Suunto App: Android Beta

                            VoiGASV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                            • VoiGASV Offline
                              VoiGAS Gold Members @v.sacre
                              last edited by

                              @v.sacre Really? Wow, then its the exact same weight like the Athletic7 Strap which doesn’t look as robust as the Nautic S.
                              I need one 😀


                              Race S
                              Vertical Titanium Solar
                              Ambit3 Vertical
                              Eon Core

                              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • sky-runnerS Offline
                                sky-runner Platinum Member @v.sacre
                                last edited by sky-runner

                                @v.sacre said:

                                @isazi can you share some pictures of the way you attach the strap? I don’t understand how to mount it with the two pins.

                                It is attached exactly the same way as Garmin Ultrafit or Abanen Hook and Loop strap. You can see an example here:
                                https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/GUID-7AD1A592-9044-4D84-9688-7B5209F85BFF/EN-US/GUID-8779241B-3177-44F0-BCA2-2532D14772CB.html

                                In fact, both straps I mentioned above fit Suunto watches perfectly as long as you have spare spring bars.

                                Suunto: Ambit, Ambit 3 Peak, 9 Baro, Race S, Race Ti, Vertical 2 Ti
                                Garmin: Forerunner 210, Forerunner 610, Fenix 6X, Fenix 7X Ti

                                v.sacreV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • v.sacreV Offline
                                  v.sacre Silver Members @sky-runner
                                  last edited by

                                  @sky-runner yes exactly. I don’t know why I first tried to put both velcros on the same face …

                                  A3S | S9B | S9P | S9PP | SV1 Ti | SV2 Ti
                                  Suunto Wing
                                  Suunto App: Android Beta

                                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • isaziI Offline
                                    isazi Moderator @v.sacre
                                    last edited by

                                    @v.sacre sorry I did not see this message, but you managed anyway 🙂

                                    Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                                    Blog: isazi's home

                                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    • First post
                                      Last post

                                    Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy