Vertical + Suunto Smart HR Belt = connection issues!
-
@aslysz I have just experienced the exact same problem. I am using a brand new belts so I can’t see that being the problem. I have just bought the suunto belt to replace a wahoo one that was intermittently dropping connection but would reconnect after a few minutes. This seems to be a problem introduced in the last few firmware updates.
-
@aslysz I have the same problem : Vertical + Suunto Belt. Everything pairs perfectly and during every workout disconnects and never reconnects again. What is funny the belt can be discovered with my phone or other devices. Belt is perfectly fine - that doesn’t happen when it is connected to my Hammerhead computer- it reconnects without any problem.
It has to be related to vertical BT software and Suunto does nothing about it…
The only workaround I found is to change the battery mode that will turn off Bluetooth and then turn it on back -it should reconnect.
This is extremely frustrating as the problem lasts for months now!and I started to look for garmin watch
-
This is a problem with almost all recent suunto watches. A late 2025 firmware, with a complete redesign of the Bluetooth stack, is the suspected cause. So, the problem exists for over 10 months now.
A couple of days ago, the new run 2 firmware update mentioned fixes in the bluetooth stack.
When, and for some watches if, that fix also comes to other watches is unknown.
In my experience (with a race s and a polar oh1+) is that frequent reboots (I now reboot every time I charged the watch) seems to mitigate the problem. Not ideal, but better than nothing.
Btw, garmin watches have other problems and annoyances. And cost a fortune. Garmin support is just as bad as suunto support (both are worthless)
-
@elbee thank you for your answer! So you suggested after charging the watch how many times I have to reboot it? 8? Better than nothing.
-
-
@elbee thanks god it was a typo! Really thought have to do it several times
I was considering Fenix 7 pro, now it has quite reasonable price and far better wrist he than suunto -
Unfortunately, same here.
Suunto Vertical with Suunto Smart Sensor and Polar Verity Sense.
If the connection is lost, it won’t reconnect again during the exercise. The only solution is to start an new exercise.
Another problem with this is that the Smart sensor memory function doesn’t work almost at all ( I use it for futsal and leave the watch in the locker room). After the match most of the hearth rate data is missing. Only the start and end data are correct.Hope Suunto will fix this, but I’m not holding my breath.
-
Unfortunately, same here.
Suunto Vertical with Suunto Smart Sensor and Polar Verity Sense.
If the connection is lost, it won’t reconnect again during the exercise. The only solution is to start an new exercise.
Another problem with this is that the Smart sensor memory function doesn’t work almost at all ( I use it for futsal and leave the watch in the locker room). After the match most of the hearth rate data is missing. Only the start and end data are correct.Hope Suunto will fix this, but I’m not holding my breath.
On which firmware is your verity sense ? check this thread
-
The problem was the same with new (3.0.16)and old firmware for Polar Verity sense.
Generally the Polar works ok if the hearth rate is correctly detected from the start of the exercise.
Again today the Suunto Smart Sensor was useless. Absolutely no sync attempt with the sensor after the workout. You buy a premium hearth rate sensor with memory, and the memory function doesn’t work. -
@aslysz so are all of you suggesting not to get a belt? cuase i was thinking the old one for my suunto vertical 1st generation but if youre saying it does not connect i am not going to buy it and certnailnyl not buying the new one which is super expensive
-
@giuliosq the issue is with software of the watch(Bluetooth stack) not the belt itself. The belt works perfectly fine with all the other devices, eg bike computer or other manufacturer watches. The same problem I had with suunto watches and polar belt. Restart of the watch after every charge seems to be a good workaround for now.
-
@kuba1234 No, sorry, I understood the problem is in the software since a firmware update (not in the belt) but I was only thinking about getting one once the problem will be fixed then, cause buying a belt if the watch does not keep the connection is a bit wortless…
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login