Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Sommet - your android/linux app for Ambit, Traverse and Kailash

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Ambit
    24 Posts 6 Posters 1.7k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • André FariaA Offline
      André Faria @André Faria
      last edited by

      @zt_zzzzz tested on windows 10, with ambit 2, working for me, fixed the language, the constant “disconnection”,gps update.
      All seems to be working. Check the latest release, it includes all the fixes.

      Ambit 3 Peak Sapphire | Kailash | Hammerhead Karoo 3
      Garmin Edge 1040 Solar

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • usainzgU Offline
        usainzg
        last edited by

        This is really great, I’ll try it with my Ambit 2, thanks for the job!

        Suunto Race 2 Titanium Trail
        Suunto Race Midnight
        Suunto Ambit 2 Black
        Suunto Ambit 2S Lime

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • André FariaA André Faria referenced this topic
        • Z Offline
          zt_zzzzz
          last edited by

          Thanks for the job!
          USB-OTGsuccessfully connected to the Android Pad.

          What is the cause of the problem that indoor sports (such as indoor power cycling) cannot be exported as FIT because there is no GPS data? It would be perfect if we could export FIT.
          ambit-andriod.jpg

          André FariaA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • André FariaA Offline
            André Faria @zt_zzzzz
            last edited by

            @zt_zzzzz thanks for testing. I even didn’t think about it. I am checking it with claude to implement it and come back to you.
            Correct if I am wrong, indoor activities mean:
            HR
            Power
            Cadence
            Temperature
            Distance (if home trainer?)
            Any other you can think of?

            Ambit 3 Peak Sapphire | Kailash | Hammerhead Karoo 3
            Garmin Edge 1040 Solar

            Z 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • Z Offline
              zt_zzzzz @André Faria
              last edited by zt_zzzzz

              @André-Faria said:

              @zt_zzzzz thanks for testing. I even didn’t think about it. I am checking it with claude to implement it and come back to you.
              Correct if I am wrong, indoor activities mean:
              HR
              Power
              Cadence
              Temperature
              Distance (if home trainer?)
              Any other you can think of?

              I usually just record the data:

              HR
              Power
              Cadence
              Then upload to Intervals.icu

              Because only Ambit2/Ambit supports ANT+,Otherwise, after the Bluetooth is connected to the trainer, it will not be able to connect to other Bluetooth watches.This is also the reason why I still use Ambit2.

              André FariaA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • André FariaA Offline
                André Faria @zt_zzzzz
                last edited by

                @zt_zzzzz said:

                @André-Faria said:

                @zt_zzzzz thanks for testing. I even didn’t think about it. I am checking it with claude to implement it and come back to you.
                Correct if I am wrong, indoor activities mean:
                HR
                Power
                Cadence
                Temperature
                Distance (if home trainer?)
                Any other you can think of?

                I usually just record the data:

                HR
                Power
                Cadence
                Then upload to Intervals.icu

                Because only Ambit2/Ambit supports ANT+,Otherwise, after the Bluetooth is connected to the trainer, it will not be able to connect to other Bluetooth watches.This is also the reason why I still use Ambit2.

                It is now building 0.2.37 that should fix that. Unfortunately now I have much less time and budget to allocate to this project, so slower dev and less testing, but it seems to work on my android tablet with an fake indoor activity. Let me know.

                Ambit 3 Peak Sapphire | Kailash | Hammerhead Karoo 3
                Garmin Edge 1040 Solar

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • R Offline
                  Rafael Costa de Araujo
                  last edited by

                  I have a Suunto Ambit3. How can I help? (I don’t speak English, so I’m using a translator here 😊)

                  I’ll install the APK and test it.

                  André FariaA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • André FariaA Offline
                    André Faria @Rafael Costa de Araujo
                    last edited by

                    @Rafael-Costa-de-Araujo hello Raphael just use it and let me know if the features you are using work or something is wrong.

                    Ambit 3 Peak Sapphire | Kailash | Hammerhead Karoo 3
                    Garmin Edge 1040 Solar

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • Z Offline
                      zt_zzzzz
                      last edited by

                      I recorded an outdoor ride and an indoor ride today using the Suunto Ambit2. The test results are as follows:

                      For the outdoor ride, data synced from Sommet to Intervals.icu correctly, as shown in the figure below.
                      屏幕截图 2026-09-23 220326.png

                      The watch settings for indoor‑riding mode are shown below.
                      屏幕截图 2026-09-23 222356.png
                      When synced to Intervals.icu, the activity is labelled as strength training.
                      屏幕截图 2026-09-23 220427.png
                      I need to manually change the mode to virtual ride.
                      屏幕截图 2026-09-23 220533.png

                      André FariaA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • André FariaA Offline
                        André Faria @zt_zzzzz
                        last edited by

                        @zt_zzzzz thanks for the feedback.
                        Why it happened:

                        The indoor-riding move’s FIT declared sport = generic, and intervals.icu files a generic, no-distance move as strength training. It came out generic because:

                        • A watch move’s activity_name is empty, so the sport rides only in the activity-id byte.
                        • My earlier byte→sport map was copied from mobile’s GpxParser.SPORT_TYPE_MAP — which turns out to be an older, off-by-one, incomplete table (it says 19=Alpine when Suunto’s real id is 20, and it has no indoor cycling at all). So id 17
                          (Indoor cycling) fell through to generic → strength.

                        Also fixed for strava.
                        Pushed a v2.3.8 release with that, should be on github within some minutes. Hope you haven’t lost data.
                        For info I don’t have anymore an ambit 2 to test. So I rely on users feedback.

                        Ambit 3 Peak Sapphire | Kailash | Hammerhead Karoo 3
                        Garmin Edge 1040 Solar

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • André FariaA André Faria referenced this topic

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post

                        Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy