Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Suunto smart heart rate strap freezing after ~30 minutes (Tried battery replacements & cleaning)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Heart Rate Devices
    11 Posts 6 Posters 756 Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • E Offline
      elbee @sszabo.apor
      last edited by

      @Apor-Szabó

      Could be the quite common problem where the watch looses connection with a bluetooth device and fails te reconnect.

      There is no solution for that problem. Suunto should solve it but I don’t have the impression they are very active looking into it.

      Suunto t3c | Suunto Ambit 3 sport | Tomtom runner 2 | Garmin forerunner 935 | Garmin forerunner 965 | Suunto race s
      Stryd | Bryton Gardia R300L | Polar H9 | Polar oh1+ | Wahoo bolt v2 | 4iiii precision 3

      sszabo.aporS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • sszabo.aporS Offline
        sszabo.apor @elbee
        last edited by

        @elbee Thanks for the insight! That definitely sounds plausible. I’m still going to keep tinkering with it and hoping it cooperates properly at some point, but it’s good to know I’m not the only one running into quirks with it.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • pavel.samokhaP pavel.samokha moved this topic from Accessories and other products
        • MaximfreediverM Offline
          Maximfreediver @sszabo.apor
          last edited by

          @Apor-Szabó
          Exactly the same problem, they change it for new one and i’ve got same problem with new. Now i don’t know what to do, because two belts, even new one has the same problem. My watch is Suunto Ocean. Did you find any solutions?

          Suunto D4i
          Suunto D5
          Garmin Descent MK2
          Suunto Ocean

          E 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • E Offline
            elbee @Maximfreediver
            last edited by elbee

            @Maximfreediver

            There is no solution. There is a major bug in Suunto’s bluetooth firmware. Suunto either cannot fix it or aren’t looking. (And in my case, I think it is highly unlikely if suunto has a fix it will ever be available for my race s)

            I do notice that regularly reboots (like weekly or more frequent) help to mitigate the problem.

            Suunto t3c | Suunto Ambit 3 sport | Tomtom runner 2 | Garmin forerunner 935 | Garmin forerunner 965 | Suunto race s
            Stryd | Bryton Gardia R300L | Polar H9 | Polar oh1+ | Wahoo bolt v2 | 4iiii precision 3

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • Petr DubskýP Offline
              Petr Dubský @sszabo.apor
              last edited by

              On Thursday, I recorded an ice hockey session using a new Suunto strap, following the instructions exactly; I left my Race S watch in the locker room, and after the session, I stopped the activity and waited for the data to sync to the watch. Upon checking, I found that the heart rate graph only starts at around the 50-second mark of the activity. This also happened during my previous session when recording to the Suunto Smart HR memory. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you.
              IMG_0351.png

              SquirrelS CroSharkC 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • SquirrelS Offline
                Squirrel Silver Members @Petr Dubský
                last edited by

                @Petr-Dubský said:

                I found that the heart rate graph only starts at around the 50-second mark of the activity

                You mean 50 minute mark
                Do you have new HRM2, or previous Suunto HRM?

                Race S

                Petr DubskýP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • Petr DubskýP Offline
                  Petr Dubský @Squirrel
                  last edited by

                  @Squirrel Máš pravdu , zaznam TF zhruba po 50 minutách , napsal jsem to špatňe , mám suunto smart sensor zakoupen 7/2026 chtěl jsem zaznamenávat aktivitu (TF) bez hodinek a stále mám problémy, jaký je správný postup synchronizace HR SUUNTO SMART po aktivitě .
                  Děkuji

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • sszabo.aporS Offline
                    sszabo.apor
                    last edited by

                    The fix ended up being simple: I just bought a new sensor from Decathlon XD, and everything works perfectly now. If they push a fix or update things in the near future, I might switch back to the original sensor and strap.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • CroSharkC Offline
                      CroShark @Petr Dubský
                      last edited by

                      @Petr-Dubský I have the same problem with my Vertical 1 and Suunto Smart sensor.
                      Every thing was working fine until one of the firmware updated. Now almost every cage football the same. Incomplete hearth rate data.
                      I tried creating a topic about it, but got no responses on the forum.

                      Like you said, start the activity in the locker room, leave the watch. After the match stop the activity, the watch syncs the HR data. Still after that a large part od data is missing.
                      This is the main benefit of using the Suunto sensor, and it works maybe half of the time.

                      Suunto D4
                      Suunto Ambit 3 Peak
                      Suunto 9 Baro
                      Suunto Vertical Solar Steel

                      E 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • E Offline
                        elbee @CroShark
                        last edited by

                        @CroShark

                        Report your problem to suunto support@suunto.com

                        Have to say, I have reported it multiple times (my race s looses it’s connection to my polar oh1+ and stryd quite regularly), but I don’t think suunto is actually working to fix the problem. They told me not to expect a firmware with a fix anytime soon (and I think anytime, for my race s)

                        Do have to say, regularly reboots (as in every week) does mitigate the problem.

                        Suunto t3c | Suunto Ambit 3 sport | Tomtom runner 2 | Garmin forerunner 935 | Garmin forerunner 965 | Suunto race s
                        Stryd | Bryton Gardia R300L | Polar H9 | Polar oh1+ | Wahoo bolt v2 | 4iiii precision 3

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post

                        Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy