Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt 2
-
@atoponce still rather noisy. For what it’s worth I make sure to position the sensor so that it doesn’t interfere with the running vest
-
@snow Thanks, but I’m not wearing a vest. Just a tanktop. If I’m out for long runs though, I prefer waist belts.
-
Everything’s fine for me so far, the belt fits nicely. The only thing I’m struggling with is the black Suunto logo on the sensor. It used to be a reference point for me, and now that it’s dark in the morning, I have to check more carefully to make sure the belt is turned the right way. It’s a small ergonomic thing, but the white logo on my old belt used to help me.

-
Everything’s fine for me so far, the belt fits nicely. The only thing I’m struggling with is the black Suunto logo on the sensor. It used to be a reference point for me, and now that it’s dark in the morning, I have to check more carefully to make sure the belt is turned the right way. It’s a small ergonomic thing, but the white logo on my old belt used to help me.

now you have the tactile feedback of the button instead for positioning

-
@Egika Oh, right! I didn’t think of that thanks

-
100km trail running race last w-end with my SV1 and the new belt : now that it’s well adjusted, it’s as confortable as the old one. And it doesn’t fall down in time.
Race metric in SA afterwards are limited with SV1 vs SRs, as mentionned. -
Hmm, I guess I cursed it. Today, ZoneSence didn’t start working until the end of my run. That never happened with my old heart rate monitor. What could it be?

-
@martintrail how’s the R-R plot?
-
@isazi I see there are some unusual drops there. Could it be because the belt was too dry?

-
@martintrail if I am not mistaken, this is the HR plot, but the drops usually correlate with bad IBI data. If you can get the R-R plot, you should see noise
-
@isazi Hmm, I don’t have any service that would show me that. Once I figure it out, I’ll send it here…
-
@isazi Hmm, I don’t have any service that would show me that. Once I figure it out, I’ll send it here…
e.g. Runalyze tracks that data
-
-
@martintrail weird! it’s perfect
-
@snow Yeah, it looks like it. I think I’ll try wetting the electrodes a little more and tightening the strap a bit more. No idea…This didn’t happen with my old Suunto strap.
-
@martintrail cannot see where the drops come from or why zonesense is not working from this, it seems that there is no noise in the data
-
As anyone seen yet the new belt (without sensor) somewhere ?
My old ones are starting to decline. -
-
Well, my SHRM2 is not a week old and I’m already getting bad HR readings.
- I’m wetting the electrodes (water and licking) before placing it on the chest
- I do not have a hairy chest
- I have oily skin
- I’m a heavy sweater
- I’ve tried adjusting it’s position vertically
- I’ve tried rotating it slightly such that the module is left of my sternum
- I rinse it and hang to dry after every use
- I’ve hand washed it once with mild soap in cold water
I guess I’m wearing the strap wrong. Maybe it’s too tight? It’s snug, but not uncomfortable. I don’t know what else to do.
Sept 25 (day 2):

Yesterday (day 5):

Today (day 6):

-
@atoponce
For testing, we were advised to wear it, not too tight. Maybe try to loose a bit the belt.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login