Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt 2

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Heart Rate Devices
    172 Posts 39 Posters 12.9k Views 36 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • EgikaE Offline
      Egika Platinum Member @martintrail
      last edited by

      @martintrail said:

      Everything’s fine for me so far, the belt fits nicely. The only thing I’m struggling with is the black Suunto logo on the sensor. It used to be a reference point for me, and now that it’s dark in the morning, I have to check more carefully to make sure the belt is turned the right way. It’s a small ergonomic thing, but the white logo on my old belt used to help me. 😄

      now you have the tactile feedback of the button instead for positioning 🙂

      t6, S6, Elementum Terra, Ambit 3 Sapphire, Spartan Ultra Copper, Traverse Alpha, S7 Graphite LE, S9B Ambassador, S9P Titanium, S9PP Titanium, Vertical All Black, Race Titanium Charcoal, Race S Titanium Courtney, Run Lime, Race 2, Vertical 2 Titanium

      martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • martintrailM Offline
        martintrail Silver Members @Egika
        last edited by

        @Egika Oh, right! I didn’t think of that thanks 😄

        Garmin Enduro 3
        Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • TieutieuT Offline
          Tieutieu Platinum Member
          last edited by

          100km trail running race last w-end with my SV1 and the new belt : now that it’s well adjusted, it’s as confortable as the old one. And it doesn’t fall down in time.
          Race metric in SA afterwards are limited with SV1 vs SRs, as mentionned.

          Suunto’s devices at home :
          Vertical titanium solar
          Suunto Race S
          S9pp titanium sand
          Suunto Wing & Spark
          S9B titanium Ambassador edition, A3P, X6

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
          • martintrailM Offline
            martintrail Silver Members
            last edited by

            Hmm, I guess I cursed it. Today, ZoneSence didn’t start working until the end of my run. That never happened with my old heart rate monitor. What could it be? dda6a8d7-445e-4c3b-83fa-6d7678538275-image.jpeg

            Garmin Enduro 3
            Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

            isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • isaziI Offline
              isazi Moderator @martintrail
              last edited by

              @martintrail how’s the R-R plot?

              Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

              Blog: isazi's home

              martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • martintrailM Offline
                martintrail Silver Members @isazi
                last edited by martintrail

                @isazi I see there are some unusual drops there. Could it be because the belt was too dry?
                0c9dfb8b-3deb-435d-a290-82e2af5720a7-image.jpeg

                Garmin Enduro 3
                Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • isaziI Offline
                  isazi Moderator @martintrail
                  last edited by

                  @martintrail if I am not mistaken, this is the HR plot, but the drops usually correlate with bad IBI data. If you can get the R-R plot, you should see noise

                  Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                  Blog: isazi's home

                  martintrailM 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • martintrailM Offline
                    martintrail Silver Members @isazi
                    last edited by

                    @isazi Hmm, I don’t have any service that would show me that. Once I figure it out, I’ll send it here…

                    Garmin Enduro 3
                    Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                    S 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      snow* @martintrail
                      last edited by

                      @martintrail said:

                      @isazi Hmm, I don’t have any service that would show me that. Once I figure it out, I’ll send it here…

                      e.g. Runalyze tracks that data

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                      • martintrailM Offline
                        martintrail Silver Members @isazi
                        last edited by

                        @isazi c5385496-767c-43c8-a334-4d09e7509352-image.jpeg

                        Garmin Enduro 3
                        Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                        S 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                        • S Offline
                          snow* @martintrail
                          last edited by

                          @martintrail weird! it’s perfect

                          martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • martintrailM Offline
                            martintrail Silver Members @snow*
                            last edited by martintrail

                            @snow Yeah, it looks like it. I think I’ll try wetting the electrodes a little more and tightening the strap a bit more. No idea…This didn’t happen with my old Suunto strap.

                            Garmin Enduro 3
                            Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                            isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • isaziI Offline
                              isazi Moderator @martintrail
                              last edited by

                              @martintrail cannot see where the drops come from or why zonesense is not working from this, it seems that there is no noise in the data

                              Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

                              Blog: isazi's home

                              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • TieutieuT Offline
                                Tieutieu Platinum Member
                                last edited by Tieutieu

                                As anyone seen yet the new belt (without sensor) somewhere ?
                                My old ones are starting to decline.

                                Suunto’s devices at home :
                                Vertical titanium solar
                                Suunto Race S
                                S9pp titanium sand
                                Suunto Wing & Spark
                                S9B titanium Ambassador edition, A3P, X6

                                martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • martintrailM Offline
                                  martintrail Silver Members @Tieutieu
                                  last edited by

                                  @Tieutieu In my country, it’s only for the old model.

                                  @isazi Hmm, interesting. Well, we’ll see how it goes next time. 🙂

                                  Garmin Enduro 3
                                  Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • atoponceA Offline
                                    atoponce Silver Members @atoponce
                                    last edited by atoponce

                                    Well, my SHRM2 is not a week old and I’m already getting bad HR readings.

                                    • I’m wetting the electrodes (water and licking) before placing it on the chest
                                    • I do not have a hairy chest
                                    • I have oily skin
                                    • I’m a heavy sweater
                                    • I’ve tried adjusting it’s position vertically
                                    • I’ve tried rotating it slightly such that the module is left of my sternum
                                    • I rinse it and hang to dry after every use
                                    • I’ve hand washed it once with mild soap in cold water

                                    I guess I’m wearing the strap wrong. Maybe it’s too tight? It’s snug, but not uncomfortable. I don’t know what else to do.

                                    Sept 25 (day 2):

                                    c7c0fcb1-2ba8-4aaa-9c73-89ecff1e936a-image.jpeg

                                    Yesterday (day 5):

                                    e1c54f30-f171-4890-9e9b-28a8846a14df-image.jpeg

                                    Today (day 6):

                                    599fd68e-20c3-46a5-8fc6-8cfd76335413-image.jpeg

                                    Suunto Race S / 9 Baro / Ambit 3 Peak / Observer
                                    Suunto SHRB2 / Polar H10 / Verity Sense / OH1
                                    Stryd Duo / Wind
                                    r/suunto mod

                                    Mff73M martintrailM atoponceA 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • Mff73M Offline
                                      Mff73 @atoponce
                                      last edited by

                                      @atoponce
                                      For testing, we were advised to wear it, not too tight. Maybe try to loose a bit the belt.

                                      SSU (retired), SV1, SV2
                                      Wife : S9PP
                                      SA: Always the latest beta :)
                                      Android + Galaxy S205G

                                      atoponceA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                      • atoponceA Offline
                                        atoponce Silver Members @Mff73
                                        last edited by

                                        @Mff73 I wonder if having oily skin creates a film under the electrodes preventing a strong conductive connection until sweat breaks through. Perhaps an alcohol wipe to degrease the skin and electrode or ultrasound gel would improve things.

                                        Suunto Race S / 9 Baro / Ambit 3 Peak / Observer
                                        Suunto SHRB2 / Polar H10 / Verity Sense / OH1
                                        Stryd Duo / Wind
                                        r/suunto mod

                                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                        • martintrailM Offline
                                          martintrail Silver Members @atoponce
                                          last edited by

                                          @atoponce Well, it shouldn’t be rocket science. Just put it on and go. It seems more like a FW issue to me. But we’ll see after a few more runs. I’ve never had any problems with my old Suunto HRM or my Garmin HRM.

                                          Garmin Enduro 3
                                          Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                                          Inge NallssonI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                          • Inge NallssonI Offline
                                            Inge Nallsson @martintrail
                                            last edited by

                                            @martintrail said:

                                            It seems more like a FW issue to me

                                            I sure hope it is! My replacement unit arrives today because you guys had a good streak with other units… And talking about streaks, the last bad one you had with strong drops in the HR (and ZS pruning) visavis a perfect R-R plot, did you upload the correct run for analysis? The timeline from the SA graph is ca 38 minutes while the R-R data has a timeline of ca 27 minutes.

                                            Suunto Race S

                                            martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post

                                            Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy