Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt 2

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Heart Rate Devices
    172 Posts 39 Posters 12.9k Views 36 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      snow* @martintrail
      last edited by

      @martintrail said:

      @isazi Hmm, I don’t have any service that would show me that. Once I figure it out, I’ll send it here…

      e.g. Runalyze tracks that data

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • martintrailM Offline
        martintrail Silver Members @isazi
        last edited by

        @isazi c5385496-767c-43c8-a334-4d09e7509352-image.jpeg

        Garmin Enduro 3
        Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

        S 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • S Offline
          snow* @martintrail
          last edited by

          @martintrail weird! it’s perfect

          martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
          • martintrailM Offline
            martintrail Silver Members @snow*
            last edited by martintrail

            @snow Yeah, it looks like it. I think I’ll try wetting the electrodes a little more and tightening the strap a bit more. No idea…This didn’t happen with my old Suunto strap.

            Garmin Enduro 3
            Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

            isaziI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • isaziI Offline
              isazi Moderator @martintrail
              last edited by

              @martintrail cannot see where the drops come from or why zonesense is not working from this, it seems that there is no noise in the data

              Watch: Suunto Vertical 2 Titanium Black

              Blog: isazi's home

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • TieutieuT Offline
                Tieutieu Platinum Member
                last edited by Tieutieu

                As anyone seen yet the new belt (without sensor) somewhere ?
                My old ones are starting to decline.

                Suunto’s devices at home :
                Vertical titanium solar
                Suunto Race S
                S9pp titanium sand
                Suunto Wing & Spark
                S9B titanium Ambassador edition, A3P, X6

                martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • martintrailM Offline
                  martintrail Silver Members @Tieutieu
                  last edited by

                  @Tieutieu In my country, it’s only for the old model.

                  @isazi Hmm, interesting. Well, we’ll see how it goes next time. 🙂

                  Garmin Enduro 3
                  Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • atoponceA Online
                    atoponce Silver Members @atoponce
                    last edited by atoponce

                    Well, my SHRM2 is not a week old and I’m already getting bad HR readings.

                    • I’m wetting the electrodes (water and licking) before placing it on the chest
                    • I do not have a hairy chest
                    • I have oily skin
                    • I’m a heavy sweater
                    • I’ve tried adjusting it’s position vertically
                    • I’ve tried rotating it slightly such that the module is left of my sternum
                    • I rinse it and hang to dry after every use
                    • I’ve hand washed it once with mild soap in cold water

                    I guess I’m wearing the strap wrong. Maybe it’s too tight? It’s snug, but not uncomfortable. I don’t know what else to do.

                    Sept 25 (day 2):

                    c7c0fcb1-2ba8-4aaa-9c73-89ecff1e936a-image.jpeg

                    Yesterday (day 5):

                    e1c54f30-f171-4890-9e9b-28a8846a14df-image.jpeg

                    Today (day 6):

                    599fd68e-20c3-46a5-8fc6-8cfd76335413-image.jpeg

                    Suunto Race S / 9 Baro / Ambit 3 Peak / Observer
                    Suunto SHRB2 / Polar H10 / Verity Sense / OH1
                    Stryd Duo / Wind
                    r/suunto mod

                    Mff73M martintrailM atoponceA 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • Mff73M Offline
                      Mff73 @atoponce
                      last edited by

                      @atoponce
                      For testing, we were advised to wear it, not too tight. Maybe try to loose a bit the belt.

                      SSU (retired), SV1, SV2
                      Wife : S9PP
                      SA: Always the latest beta :)
                      Android + Galaxy S205G

                      atoponceA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • atoponceA Online
                        atoponce Silver Members @Mff73
                        last edited by

                        @Mff73 I wonder if having oily skin creates a film under the electrodes preventing a strong conductive connection until sweat breaks through. Perhaps an alcohol wipe to degrease the skin and electrode or ultrasound gel would improve things.

                        Suunto Race S / 9 Baro / Ambit 3 Peak / Observer
                        Suunto SHRB2 / Polar H10 / Verity Sense / OH1
                        Stryd Duo / Wind
                        r/suunto mod

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • martintrailM Offline
                          martintrail Silver Members @atoponce
                          last edited by

                          @atoponce Well, it shouldn’t be rocket science. Just put it on and go. It seems more like a FW issue to me. But we’ll see after a few more runs. I’ve never had any problems with my old Suunto HRM or my Garmin HRM.

                          Garmin Enduro 3
                          Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                          Inge NallssonI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                          • Inge NallssonI Offline
                            Inge Nallsson @martintrail
                            last edited by

                            @martintrail said:

                            It seems more like a FW issue to me

                            I sure hope it is! My replacement unit arrives today because you guys had a good streak with other units… And talking about streaks, the last bad one you had with strong drops in the HR (and ZS pruning) visavis a perfect R-R plot, did you upload the correct run for analysis? The timeline from the SA graph is ca 38 minutes while the R-R data has a timeline of ca 27 minutes.

                            Suunto Race S

                            martintrailM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                            • martintrailM Offline
                              martintrail Silver Members @Inge Nallsson
                              last edited by martintrail

                              @Inge-Nallsson What I know, is the R-R chart is built from the beats the strap actually sent, so when the strap loses contact, those minutes simply disappear instead of showing as a gap. About 10 minutes are missing, all in the first half of the run.

                              That matches the HR graph in the Suunto app: during the first 20 minutes there are flat lines and impossible drops (down to 88 bpm while climbing), which look like the watch filling in gaps. After that the HR looks natural, and ZoneSense started showing data around minute 28, roughly 10 minutes after the signal became stable.

                              The R-R data that did get recorded is very clean, so it’s not noise, it’s dropouts.

                              Garmin Enduro 3
                              Suunto Vertical Ti Solar

                              Inge NallssonI 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • Inge NallssonI Offline
                                Inge Nallsson @martintrail
                                last edited by

                                @martintrail Thanks for the clarification. I’m not that at home with the workings of R-R, obviously.

                                Suunto Race S

                                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • atoponceA Online
                                  atoponce Silver Members @atoponce
                                  last edited by

                                  Today’s run. I first wiped my chest clean with an alcohol wipe, then applied aloe vera gel to the electrodes. Aloe vera should be a good enough water-based stand-in until my electrode-specific gel is delivered.

                                  The first ~8 minutes are noisy in the R-R intervals plot, then it settles. Took a bathroom stop at ~18 minutes, thus the jump there. This seems to be an improvement over the previous plots, but I don’t know if that scatter in the first ~8-10 minutes is normal. Also, I’m tapering for a Saturday marathon, thus the shorter run duration. Comparing apples-to-apples in duration is probably preferred.

                                  Regardless, the average line tells me this is largely physiology. R-R is settling while HR climbs as I warm-up. But the scatter in those first minutes tell me perhaps the contact between the strap and chest isn’t uniform, thus the artifacts. I was kind of hoping the SHRB2 artifact detection in the module would remove this, but maybe that’s looking for something different?

                                  5e01f399-f616-4ac4-8697-f2b221ac95a5-image.jpeg

                                  Suunto Race S / 9 Baro / Ambit 3 Peak / Observer
                                  Suunto SHRB2 / Polar H10 / Verity Sense / OH1
                                  Stryd Duo / Wind
                                  r/suunto mod

                                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • Inge NallssonI Offline
                                    Inge Nallsson @Inge Nallsson
                                    last edited by

                                    Inge-Nallsson said:

                                    I will definitely initiate a return of the SHRM2. The faith in this unit is lost and questions about the overall hardware/software interactions are raised in my mind.

                                    Alright, a new unit arrived today and I groaned when seeing that the serial number began as “SN: 2625”, which means manufactured in week 25 of this year (middle of june) - exactly the same as the previous bad one.

                                    I proceeded with the pairing in Suunto App (no new firmware), but this time I left everything as default. That is, I did not turn on running dynamics. My reasoning being that I didn’t want anything to possibly interfere with my main interest; good HR data.

                                    After pairing with the Race S I turned off the optical HR option in the Running configurations, as well as the switch for running dynamics registration from the belt, minimising error paths as much as possible.

                                    Turning the watch off and on again (yeah, computer basics) I went out and did the exact same running experiment as before: 1 km on flat asphalt (ca 5 metres Asc/Desc) in about 7 minutes. I do it as 500 metres out and then back again.

                                    Live HR looked just like it should with a slowly rising bpm number from a normal 70-ish standing base. Saving the run, the HR graph on watch looked All OK. The Suunto App had a beautiful curve with a slight dip where I turned the run around; just as expected. I was however slightly worried about the flat section of 124 bpm neighboring the 3 minutes mark seen in the graph below:

                                    1000012830.jpg

                                    So I went to the Runalyze site to scrutinize the R-R data. And it turned out that the 124 bpm section indeed was a period with a stable heart rate, not a loss of signal or some other anomaly. Look at these nice graphs:

                                    1000012832.jpg

                                    1000012834.jpg

                                    1000012836.jpg

                                    Tomorrow I will do a Run/Walk session (still injured with cracked rib and ankle problems), doing 10 * 200 metres running/800 metres walking at a skiing path. A good source of Asc/Desc and HR variations over ca 1 hour 33 minutes.

                                    Here’s hoping this SHRM2 unit will stay sound…

                                    Suunto Race S

                                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    • First post
                                      Last post

                                    Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy