Updates for V1
-
@isazi
On mine, the wiget doesnât work as before and as far as I read, in the last firmware update solar harvesting was not in scope, but in my watch itâs not the same, at least whatâs visible on the widget. I have never had an issue with any update, not even some reported issues with battery and all that Thatâs why I found this strange ;). Cheers -
@sartoric On my watch not even the live widget (on the watch face) shows more than minimum, just idle and minimum, even on direct sunlight. Maybe I need to do a hard reset (the one with 60 seconds on the charger), soft resets didnât work. Thank you for sharing that info. Cheers.
-
@plopes73 unfortunately you would not be the first to have some hardware issues with the solar harvesting module. If your watch is still under warranty, contact support to have it checked and possibly repaired.
-
@plopes73 do you using screen protector?

-
@plopes73 this happened to my watch, I sent it in. They checked the solar module, agreed it wasnât working, and they replaced the watch. Unfortunately the original was made in Finland and the replacement watch made in China. Oh well, it works now.
-
Unfortunately the original was made in Finland and the replacement watch made in China. Oh well, it works now.
So maybe this turns from unfortunately into fortunately

-
@babychai No no, never used screen protector. Suunto saphire glass is very good, no need to protect it with a weaker layer IMO. But I think itâs a hardware issue, watch is not in warranty anymore, but I can live with it, until Suunto Vertical 3 release :). Cheers.
-
V VoiGAS referenced this topic on
-
The only major issue for me is that climb guidance as not been updated like it has been on SRs, SR and SV2 SR2
Itâs still almost unusable on SV1 because extra zoom level on current segment is not there when POI are on the route.
This has been adressed very nicely on my SRs, but itâs a big miss on my SV1.
For all other new potential new features (tide app and soâŠ) i perfectly understand that SV1 comes to itâs limits, so minor/bugs corrections will be fine now.
Itâs still my favorite and I have not decided to go for a SV2 (will wait for a further generation)Fully agree with you. Letâs believe that adding back the extra zoom level on current segment when there are some POIs will not be that difficult. Much easier at least than adding all these new features related to maps ! Come on, Suunto developers

-
@ChristopheRamon even without the climb guidance zoom levels, you canât add âAscent to Waypointâ as a data field on the V1 which would be enormously helpful.
-
Vertical V1 is not working correctly with Stryd.((
-
Hi Team
any news here? at least letâs have some visibility of whether anything changed or not, would be really beneficial.
thanks
-
@thanasis No one will answer you. Certainly no one officially. Thatâs just the way it is.
-
@martintrail Yes, but I think its good to keep the topic active. Last info was that the V1 isnât discontinued, but April and July Updates just didnât come. Now with end of September another quarter ends and we will see if a new Update arrives - for the V1
Still hoping
-
@VoiGAS There are rumors that Q3 will likely be delayed and shipped together with Q4.

-
@martintrail would be great if Suunto could just have a short message on their blog âSorry guys, for reason xyz we have to delay Q3 and ship it together with Q4.â, wouldnât it?
I mean customer communications and so. Would help for all the âis it there, yet?â-people. -
@martintrail would be great if Suunto could just have a short message on their blog âSorry guys, for reason xyz we have to delay Q3 and ship it together with Q4.â, wouldnât it?
I mean customer communications and so. Would help for all the âis it there, yet?â-people.I guess most companies donât share that kinda of stuff. Also if I recall correctly suunto doesnât have a public plan aobut releases , like garmin for example.
-
@André-Faria I know there is no exact plan but in the past there have been quarterly updates all around. The release videos of Janne have been delivered only after the release has been made, but on the other hand he talks about updates coming later for specific device models.
So, why not publish a short video - if that is the known outlet - about Q3, with âsorry, will come together with Q4â. They donât even have to name the real reason. âRelease is not up to our quality standards, yetâ is as good as any reason.
In my books this only will increase credibility instead of being tight lipped for three months. -
@martintrail would be great if Suunto could just have a short message on their blog âSorry guys, for reason xyz we have to delay Q3 and ship it together with Q4.â, wouldnât it?
I mean customer communications and so. Would help for all the âis it there, yet?â-people.I guess most companies donât share that kinda of stuff. Also if I recall correctly suunto doesnât have a public plan aobut releases , like garmin for example.
Iâm a new Suunto user, but a long-time user/admin/lover of the Debian Linux distribution. It looks like both share the same principle: a new version is released only when itâs ready (i.e., virtually bug-free), and not according to any predetermined schedule. This is why Debian runs business-critical applications all over the world, and probably why some choose Suunto products over others, despite the wait for new releases. I will not blame Suuntoâs developers for dedicating time to thoroughly testing their solution because, imho, robustness matters more than timeline.
-
we are discussing various software engineering schools of thoughts here
⊠I never liked the fixed long update cycles in any software (and never really stuck with it in my company).
in any case, we do know that V1 is an old device, released some 3 years go etc
we also know that there are issues with the firmware never addressed etc. Probably Suunto is not going to invest a ton on this device, but still any official statement would make sense.Now if Suuntoâs policy is : use it if /while it works, donât question /ask anything, donât expect any visibility âŠthatâs the way things are, go buy another device etc⊠itâs another thing. I hope it isnât though because the usual buyers of a next generation of a watch are happy - loyal- customers of some previous ones. And⊠It seems that much of Suuntoâs loyalty comes from the Ambit 2-3 peak days
-
Now if Suuntoâs policy is : use it if /while it works, donât question /ask anything, donât expect any visibility âŠthatâs the way things are, go buy another device etc
the fact that a 600-to-800 euros watch can became obsolete and not supported after just 3 years is a bit frightening ⊠it isnât?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đ
Register Login