Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    HRM 2?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Heart Rate Devices
    93 Posts 26 Posters 9.7k Views 21 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Ze StuartZ Offline
      Ze Stuart Gold Members @Egika
      last edited by

      @Egika YES!

      https://zulusierra.co

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • S Offline
        snow* @Egika
        last edited by

        @Egika yep, I stiil have it in one of my drawers 😊 loved it so much!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • isaziI isazi moved this topic from Watches on
        • G Offline
          GratefulDeadpan Bronze Member @snow*
          last edited by

          @snow said:

          @Tieutieu said in HRM 2?:

          arm band is one the device I’ve wished for

          rumours point in that direction 🤞

          I haven’t been able to find any rumours pointing to this. I would very much love and arm HRM with unified charging system so that it uses same charging device as the current line of watches 🤞

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • cosme.costaC Offline
            cosme.costa
            last edited by

            In the Sapnish forum there is a picture from UTMB with lots of new boxes of a new Suunto Smart heart Rate 2, it seems that will be using battery because then it can be used with diving devices.

            G A M 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • G Offline
              GratefulDeadpan Bronze Member @cosme.costa
              last edited by

              @cosme.costa oh interesting!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                aiv4r Silver Members @cosme.costa
                last edited by

                @cosme.costa oh so interesting. But I read somewhere that it is still chest strap. I was expecting Sunnto to come up with something like Coros HRM, since it way more comfortable for running at least.

                Suunto Race 2 (Titanium Trail)
                Suunto Vertical (Titanium Solar Forest)

                cosme.costaC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • cosme.costaC Offline
                  cosme.costa @aiv4r
                  last edited by

                  @aiv4r said:

                  @cosme.costa oh so interesting. But I read somewhere that it is still chest strap. I was expecting Sunnto to come up with something like Coros HRM, since it way more comfortable for running at least.

                  I really do not know, I do not have any relation with Suunto other than me buying their watches but from what i have read and guessed Suunto is going to release at least two devices, one is the chest strap already leaked and an armband or a health band (like Whoop and others).
                  Regarding the chest strap seems that is going to be noticeably improved. I find logic that Suunto releases a new chest strap taking into account ZoneSense.

                  A 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • A Offline
                    aiv4r Silver Members @cosme.costa
                    last edited by

                    @cosme.costa True that, it kind of makes sense when you think about ZoneSense. I guess let’s see, will have to stay with Coros HRM for now 🙂

                    Suunto Race 2 (Titanium Trail)
                    Suunto Vertical (Titanium Solar Forest)

                    cosme.costaC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • cosme.costaC Offline
                      cosme.costa @aiv4r
                      last edited by

                      @aiv4r I’m using the Coros HRM as well and I’m very happy with it, very comfortable, very good battery life and I love the fact that you do not need buttons to turn it on or off, 40% of the times I left my Polar Verity Sense turned on wasting battery. I only use the chest strap in very specific ocasions were I want the ZoneSense information.
                      If suunto makes an OHR armband it has to be pretty good to be better than the Coros.

                      Speed ManS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                      • Speed ManS Offline
                        Speed Man Bronze Member @cosme.costa
                        last edited by

                        @cosme.costa An optical sensor can never measure ECG because it measures blood volume changes, not the heart’s electrical activity.

                        Personally, I think an OHR armband would be a bit redundant. The optical sensor on the wrist is already accurate enough for most everyday training, so moving essentially the same technology to the upper arm doesn’t add much.

                        If the goal is ECG-level accuracy and access to data such as HRV R-R intervals and ZoneSense, you really need to measure the heart’s electrical signal from the chest. That’s where a chest strap makes much more sense.

                        A G cosme.costaC 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 2
                        • A Offline
                          aiv4r Silver Members @Speed Man
                          last edited by aiv4r

                          @Speed-Man Depends I guess from person to person, but wrist based OHR is definitely way worse than placed on bicep in my case and it is almost identical to Suunto chest strap recordings.
                          Especially in harder efforts.

                          Suunto Race 2 (Titanium Trail)
                          Suunto Vertical (Titanium Solar Forest)

                          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                          • G Offline
                            GratefulDeadpan Bronze Member @Speed Man
                            last edited by

                            @Speed-Man I usually rely on the wrist ohr but when it’s cold out (like it gets here in Sweden) I prefer not having any gaps in my clothing and therefore wear the watch over my jacket. Therefore I am really just looking for the most comfortable way to get my pulse which to me is the armband.

                            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                            • EgikaE Offline
                              Egika Platinum Member
                              last edited by

                              wrist heart rate from watch has some disadvantages, like the mentioned wearing over clothes, performance in cold temperatures, in some sports you cannot wear a watch, high impact sport or walking/running with poles, etc.
                              So there is definitely room for HR measurement on other parts of the body like upper arm, chest etc.

                              t6, S6, Elementum Terra, Ambit 3 Sapphire, Spartan Ultra Copper, Traverse Alpha, S7 Graphite LE, S9B Ambassador, S9P Titanium, S9PP Titanium, Vertical All Black, Race Titanium Charcoal, Race S Titanium Courtney, Run Lime, Race 2, Vertical 2 Titanium

                              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • cosme.costaC Offline
                                cosme.costa @Speed Man
                                last edited by cosme.costa

                                @Speed-Man Maybe I haven’t explained myself clearly but I do know the diferences between both technologies, and as I said I do use the chest strap when I want to have the ZoneSense information, for the rest of the cases I use the OHR armband.

                                Previous to my SVTS the wirst OHR was very bad for me and the chest strap makes me a nasty sore during the hot months of the year, that in my area could be from April to October. With the SVTS the wirst OHR has improved greatly but it still fails a lot of times for me, the armband is very comfortable and convinient for me.

                                Regarding the accuracy, bpm values are at par with the chest strap in most of the ocasions except in interval sessions where it lags behind the chest strap, not in the values but in the responsiveness.

                                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                                • M Offline
                                  Mi_chael Bronze Member @cosme.costa
                                  last edited by

                                  @cosme.costa said:

                                  In the Sapnish forum there is a picture from UTMB with lots of new boxes of a new Suunto Smart heart Rate 2, it seems that will be using battery because then it can be used with diving devices.

                                  Where’s the Spanish forum ?
                                  I know the telegram channel. This is the same ?

                                  cosme.costaC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • cosme.costaC Offline
                                    cosme.costa @Mi_chael
                                    last edited by cosme.costa

                                    @Mi_chael Yes, I mean the Telegram channel.

                                    M 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • M Offline
                                      Mi_chael Bronze Member @cosme.costa
                                      last edited by

                                      @cosme.costa

                                      👍

                                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                      • S Offline
                                        snow*
                                        last edited by snow*

                                        https://www.reddit.com/r/Suunto/comments/1w7an5x/suunto_smart_belt_2/#lightbox

                                        The chest strap appears to have been improved with the addition of vertical inserts to prevent it from slipping

                                        TieutieuT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                        • TieutieuT Offline
                                          Tieutieu Platinum Member @snow*
                                          last edited by Tieutieu

                                          @snow let’s see if it’s durable. Usually such things don’t last that much. Curious to see what improvements it will bring ; I use my chest straps all the time (except on very long ultra trail races)

                                          Suunto’s devices at home :
                                          Vertical titanium solar
                                          Suunto Race S
                                          S9pp titanium sand
                                          Suunto Wing & Spark
                                          S9B titanium Ambassador edition, A3P, X6

                                          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                          • S Offline
                                            snow*
                                            last edited by snow*

                                            from Suunto hk:

                                            Designed for performance-driven endurance athletes, marathon runners, triathletes, and cyclists who demand absolute data accuracy. Constructed with a premium stainless steel and polymer composite housing, the SUUNTO Smart Heart Rate Belt 2 (SHRM2) captures clear ECG signals directly from the chest. Whether pushing through high-intensity intervals, racing on the road, or cycling over rough terrain, it delivers lag-free, rock-solid accuracy far superior to wrist-based optical sensors.

                                            High-Resolution R-Peak Detection & ZoneSense™ Optimization
                                            Featuring an upgraded 2nd-generation sensor array with higher resolution R-peak detection, the SHRM2 captures subtle beat-to-beat intervals (HRV). This precise data feeds directly into SUUNTO’s proprietary ZoneSense™ algorithm, offering real-time insights into your aerobic, threshold, and VO₂max stress zones during workouts.

                                            Torso-Based Running Form Dynamics
                                            Eliminate the need for additional foot pods or waist sensors! When paired with compatible Suunto performance watches (such as Suunto Race, Vertical, and Run series), the belt provides comprehensive running biomechanics:

                                            Ground Contact Time (ms) 
                                            Vertical Oscillation (cm)  
                                            Flight Time (ms)  
                                            Left/Right Balance (%)  
                                            Cadence (rpm) & Step Count
                                            

                                            Swimming Memory & Offline Storage
                                            During swim workouts or periods of temporary signal loss, the sensor automatically records heart rate data to its onboard memory. Once back on land or reconnected, stored data seamlessly transfers to your Suunto watch, giving you a complete ZoneSense™ and heart rate graph from the water.

                                            Multi-Device Connectivity & Zwift Integration
                                            Equipped with Bluetooth 5.4, the SHRM2 supports up to 3 simultaneous Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connections. Broadcast your heart rate concurrently to your Suunto watch, bike computer, and virtual indoor training software like Zwift or gym equipment without signal drops.

                                            Button-Controlled Security & LED Status Light
                                            Stay in control with a new built-in LED status light that alerts you to battery levels and connection states. Secure, button-controlled pairing and encrypted transmission prevent cross-talk and signal interference in crowded start lines.

                                            G VoiGASV 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 4

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post

                                            Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy