Custom Batery Performance Mode
-
-
@HonzaS Ok thanks so things changed with the later models.
-
There are some strange things with the settings. If I turn down gps accuracy to save battery, maps is also disabled. Most of the time I really don’t need dual frequency gps, but having some context when following a gpx is nice.
This is correct. And known. And annoying.
The last watch that could enable maps in lower GPS mode was Suunto Vertical, which had the custom battery modes. -
Also that the gps setting you choose isn’t persistent over activities. Every activity starts with highest settings.
This is correct too. We have just discussed this in another topic. I checked with Suunto and it seems to be by design (though for S9PP and SV the documentation says it would be remembered…)
-
-
-
@snow I have just tried with my recent test watch (not V2). For me no way to change battery mode without disabling maps.
Will try with V2 later -
And annoying.
That’s how I decide to keep a watch: is the amount of annoyance within limits. So far my race s is less annoying than my previous forerunner 965 and about on par with the forerunner 935. Never had a watch that was annoyance free.
For me this is one is only annoying in theory. As I have never felt the need to use other GPS modes than performance.
Even for the longest activities I have ever done (36h or so), perfomance has always been good. -
And annoying.
That’s how I decide to keep a watch: is the amount of annoyance within limits. So far my race s is less annoying than my previous forerunner 965 and about on par with the forerunner 935. Never had a watch that was annoyance free.
For me this is one is only annoying in theory. As I have never felt the need to use other GPS modes than performance.
Even for the longest activities I have ever done (36h or so), perfomance has always been good.Like I said above, I do like to keep battery degeneration to a minimum by charging the least number of times. I had my forerunner 935 for over 5 years and I plan to match that with my race s (although I have my doubts a oled watch can match a mips watch there). Do have to say, the last time a watch had a new feature that changed the way I sport or do activities was the ambit 3 run that enabled navigatin by following gpx files, so I’m not keen to buy a new watch just because it has some more randomnumber datafield.
-
The last watch that could enable maps in lower GPS mode was Suunto Vertical,
@honzas has confirmed that works on his V2

No no no
. I confirmed, that during activity, if you switch from low to highest accuracy GPS, the map is enabled again. But there is no map in low accuracy modes! -
The last watch that could enable maps in lower GPS mode was Suunto Vertical,
@honzas has confirmed that works on his V2

No no no
. I confirmed, that during activity, if you switch from low to highest accuracy GPS, the map is enabled again. But there is no map in low accuracy modes!Oh, okay, so I misunderstood your post. Sorry!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login