Suunto app Forum Suunto Community Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    24/7 Optical Heart Rate Sensor not functioning during non-activity use

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Suunto Run 2
    6 Posts 4 Posters 276 Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • strainS Offline
      strain
      last edited by strain

      I am on the latest Suunto Run 2 Firmware

      On the heart rate widget, I have selected “24/7 wrist HR tracking”. I can see the green LEDs flashing, however, the moment I exit the widget the green LEDs stop flashing and don’t come back. Selecting a workout brings the LEDs back on but it is not measuring HR constantly like the other watches.

      I have reset my device and it still does not work.

      Power saving is off.

      When not clicked into the heart rate widget, I can see that it says the previously recorded HR of 79 bpm, 10 min ago (when I last opened the widget).

      EDIT: The reason I am asking is because when I just got the watch and got it set up, the LEDs were flashing constantly, as what one would expect with 24/7 monitoring on any of the other watches. However, I restarted my watch due to some lag with the screens and now it is like this so I don’t know whether the always on LEDs I had before were a bug or what I am experiencing now is the bug. What is the intended measuring frequency?

      S strainS 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • S Offline
        snow* @strain
        last edited by

        @strain My wife had the R1, and if I remember correctly, it took a reading every 10 minutes, so I imagine the same applies to the Run 2

        strainS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • Tomas5T Offline
          Tomas5 Gold Members
          last edited by

          Race 2 measures constantly, Suunto 5 measured in intervals if i remember correctly. It would be best to contact support or wait for some tester to confirm how it should behave.

          Suunto Ambit 2 > Suunto 5 > Suunto Race 2

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • strainS Offline
            strain @snow*
            last edited by

            @snow I see, that is good to know thanks. Perhaps what I was experiencing out the box was not intended (the LEDs constantly on).

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • strainS Offline
              strain @strain
              last edited by

              Just an update that randomly my Run 2 began measuring heart rate constantly again and it hasn’t stopped for around 24 hours so I’m curious what is going on lol

              B 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                backyard @strain
                last edited by

                @strain

                Yes, that’s a bug. I notice it sometimes too, especially when it drains 10% of the battery in 8 hours.
                The Run 2 measures heart rate every 5 minutes.
                A soft restart will help ensure the watch doesn’t measure your heart rate every second.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                • First post
                  Last post

                Suunto Terms | Privacy Policy